cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Picture slightly jerky

Hi,  Brand new Black NOW TV box; all good EXCEPT the picture is just slightly jerky...  all ideas welcome!!

19 REPLIES 19
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User I'd suggest playing about with the picture/motion settings on the TV itself. Some of the cinematic modes over process the signal which results in a jittering picture.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi, I am playing the Now box through an AV amplifier… HDMI connection

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

It's most probably because the NOW TV Box outputs all video at 60Hz. Even 25fps (50Hz) content is output at 60Hz.

And sadly there's no way to alter the output frequency on any Roku device!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

My first post and I must say I'm disappointed with this New box and its inability to adjust from 60-50Hz.  Considering not all TV’s or the material streamed is 60Hz based there will always be some minor motion and panning stutter.

I see from news feeds that this 60Hz problem was evident with Chromecast however through public criticism the issue was swiftly fixed with a firmware update. A simple user select from the Video settings is all that’s needed.

So the big question when are we getting this option on the new box??

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

So the big question when are we getting this option on the new box??

If you're refering to the 'black' box, I can confirm it wont happen. Sadly Roku made a their current devices incapable of offering 50Hz... 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Turn off any motion blur settings on your TV.
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:
Turn off any motion blur settings on your TV.

This can indeed help in some situations but which-ever way you 'cut-it'... 50 does not fit into 60 in a nice divisible way Smiley Wink

herojan
Expert

True, but once I switched off all the tru-motion options on my LG TV, the only time I saw ocassional slight jerkiness was with some UK shows like Penny Dreadful. Maybe I have bad eyes.

• Roku Streaming Stick+ | S/W 8.1.0 | Now TV app v3.12.132 | Wifi (DHCP)
• Internet - Plusnet Fibre @ 36M

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've been frustrated by the jerky picture for over a year now, changing WiFi source, new cable, moving other devices away, all to no effect. I've just read Artesea's suggestion, turned off the 'ClearScan' function on my Toshiba TV and bingo! It's not the Now TV, it's clever bits on your telly that are messing around with the signal it's receiving from the Now TV box.