cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV freezing

After reseting and reconnecting to Internet my now TV box prompts a software update. Which it does successfully 100%. Then the screen freezes and can not do anything at all except reset. . Ggrrrrr helpppp
403 REPLIES 403
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

I am assuming you have tried the obvious of changing the batteries on the RC ?

The Infa red receiver on the box is on the right hand side corner, just for testing purposes if you turn the box at a 45 deg angle facing you and point the remote controller close to the box does the white light flash every time you press a key on the remote controller ?

Have you got another nowtv white or black box remote controller in the house, just to see if that works on your box ?

Also where did you buy the nowtv box from ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've changed the batteries and tried a differant remote, no difference. When it stops responding to the remote the white light does not flash. I have another Now tv box, unused, that I could use, but I assume it will have to be registered as a new device and I have used up my monthly allowance of changes.

I purchased the box, with 3 month ent pass, from shopto.net

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Sounds like you have got a faulty box, however if you haven't tried again i would have one last go at another crack at the factory hard reset.

Regarding the warranty of the box you would need to contact the Retailer you purchased it from (see guide article about warranty procedures).

http://help.nowtv.com/article/Return-my-NOW-TV-Box

With regards to your maximum device limit for this month, contact live chat explain to them what's happened and i am sure they would add your spare box to this months device allocation.

Click on link below to contact live chat.

http://help.nowtv.com/contact-us/Managing-Devices

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I got the box connected yesterday and as of yet have not been able t watch it it either freezes on the home page or gets stuck in the reboot mode I've tried the reset button and turning off the power neither have been successful. I'm not to sure what else to do but as it stand it's unwatchable
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Sorry that should say black now TV box
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum.  You've done everything you can do, it sounds to me like it might be faulty.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thanks for the reply stupid question but any idea what I should do next
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User

Well L,

Return the box to the place of purchase for a replacement or refund.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I joined online threw the now to website under the combo deal
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

In that case give the combo team a ring - you'll find the number on your My Account > My Passes page 

https://account.nowtv.com/passes

There's been a few similar cases so they might be able to talk you through a solution but if not they will arrange a replacement.