cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV freezing

After reseting and reconnecting to Internet my now TV box prompts a software update. Which it does successfully 100%. Then the screen freezes and can not do anything at all except reset. . Ggrrrrr helpppp
403 REPLIES 403
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User @4268 @dr_necessitor @Anonymous User

Well one and all.

My black box is not bricked anymore but I now only have three menu items:

1) My Apps - with only Now TV, Sky Store, Sky Sports and All 4 as apps/channels

2) App Store - nothing in it.

3) Settings - fully functional.

Before anyone asks, I've already done a "system restart", it's made no difference.

I think my black box is still trying to do some more updating but, in all honesty, I am not sure.

I guess I'm going have to wait and see what happens in the next few hours.

Still suffering

UK Bob

PS. If anyone anyone has any information I will be glad to hear it.

ukbobboy
Legend

@4268

Hi 4268

I think you are right, it's not a log-in problem but something to do with the "Home" screen and I cannot load Plex either.  So the "problem" affects the whole box, that's why I initially thought that Now TV had released some sort of faulty update but I could not reach the "Settings"to check.

However, thinking about it, Now TV must have done something that should not have been done.

UK Bob

Legend 5
Legend 5

@ukbobboy  can you try something?  reset the box and as the now icon is coming up press the now button on your remote?  It should come with a blank screen.  then press reset again.  It allowed the home page to load just now on mine doing that.  

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
ukbobboy
Legend

@4268

OK

I'll do that now.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable
ukbobboy
Legend

@4268 @Anonymous User @dr_necessitor @Anonymous User

Hi 4268

Right now I'm frozen on the "Home" screen and I cannot do anything else, @Anonymous User is right my black box is well a truly bricked.

UK Bob

Legend 5
Legend 5

@ukbobboy  at what point did you try the Now button? 

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User

Sorry W

Reset, and removing the plug, has done nothing for me but caused aggravation.

If this was America I could sue for "Pain and Suffering".

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just turn it off at the wall wait  minute or so and back on again, you will be fine

Just a side note ( wasn't me about being bricked) 

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User @4268 @dr_necessitor @Anonymous User

1) Sorry W

It was @Anonymous User that made the comment and I totally agree with him, my box is bricked.

BTW, I tried removing the plug several times this morning, once for several hours, and still no joy.

2) 4268

I followed your instruction (well, I believe I did) and I'm still bricked.

3) Guys

I'm not going to mess around anymore, I've had it, I'll wait until the Now TV guys put right what they made wrong.

In pain and suffering

Headache.jpg

UK Bob