cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV freezing

After reseting and reconnecting to Internet my now TV box prompts a software update. Which it does successfully 100%. Then the screen freezes and can not do anything at all except reset. . Ggrrrrr helpppp
403 REPLIES 403
Legend 5
Legend 5

@dr_necessitor  the issue is not with logging in as such, it is with the tiles loading.  A hard reset lets you log into the box.  It doesn't let the home screen load.  Hence why am waiting for forum guys to get in.  I think chat in India got a bit confused over actual issue.

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

It would seem he's on a post count mission.... 

Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User  who is on a count post mission?   

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
dr_necessitor just hitting every post with a URL to the big yellow banner at the top of the screen.

@Anonymous User wrote:

It would seem he's on a post count mission.... 

@Anonymous User Not at all, just trying to be helpful and spread the message about the problem and eventually the status message. Due to the proliferation of threads on the subject, many people seemed to not have seen other peoples' posts. I was also affected. No matter though! Won't bother next time...

Legend 5
Legend 5

@dr_necessitor  don't be silly help away when ever you feel like it.  It is the whole point of the forum we are users in the real world help each other as we aren't using the boxes or devices under controlled circumstances.   Even those of us with a lot of posts can get great suggestions from folk with just a couple!

@4268 wrote:

@dr_necessitor  don't be silly help away when ever you feel like it.  It is the whole point of the forum we are users in the real world help each other as we aren't using the boxes or devices under controlled circumstances.   Even those of us with a lot of posts can get great suggestions from folk with just a couple!

Nah! Can no longer be bothered to offer help when it's either largely ignored anyway because people don't take the time to read what others are posting or just provokes criticism. Life's too short! Will just stick to contributions on the trial boards in future. Anyway, pleased to see it's all working again now.

ukbobboy
Legend

@dr_necessitor @Anonymous User @4268 @Anonymous User

Hi Gang

All is sweetness and light now, I am playing my music again and I feel GOOD, my pain and suffering has been washed away.

Hey dr, don't feel down coz' people don't say "thanks" when they use your advice, that's just the way people are.  Be happy, life is good and, you know, tomorrow's another day and who knows what that'll bring.

Anyway, now that everything's back to normal the only thing that's changed is I'm gonna get a new black box tomorrow, which is no longer a replacement but will be kept as a spare ( just in case) or given away as a Christmas present. 

Finally, I wonder if they (Now TV) will ever tell us what they did to brick our all boxes?

Brick Wall (Smiley).jpg

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm sure your URL helped some, but a few words on what the URL was wouldn't have gone a miss surly as many are new users to NowTV and Forums.. 

Have a great weekend

Team WP