cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV box does not recognise Username and Password. Works fine on PC.

Hi, i am unable to use my now tv box via my television, it was working fine up until around a week ago and now it doesn't recognise my username/password. I have been a user for over 2 years so not sure what is causing this problem. I can still access and watch entertainment/films etc via my PC and MacBook.  IPlayer, Netflix, ITV Hub etc, all work fine and no problems with Virgin Media Internet.....

I have changed the password, reset the box, done a factory reset and still no joy. I have contact Now TV via the live chat but just keep getting told the same things to reset the box etc.

I see that a number of other people have posted the issue on here but i have seen nothing to advise what is causing the problem or how we can fix it.  This did happen once before around a year ago, but work again suddenly the next day.  It not been working now for a week.

Can you please sort this out for me as soon as possble.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

As @Anonymous User has mentioned in his post above we do see some more information when you post.

From this extra information that I can see, I based my original post to you from this as your IP location isn't within the UK. 

Cheers

Andy

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

Are you 100% sure that you've logged onto the same NOW TV account as your NOW TV playback device? Which is actually the prime reason why "other people" have problems. And is further complicated by creating/changing passwords!

Personally speaking, I've had a NOW TV account since March 2014 across 3 devices and I've never had a problem logging into the service and never had to change my password.

When you say it "works fine on [your] PC". Is everything correctly listed under 'View my bills'?

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi. Thanks for the message and trying to help. Yes. It's 100% the same username and password. All is correctly listed under view my bills. I've no idea why this occurs for other people (or me). You will see it's not an isolated issue from other user posts and appears to be a bug. The solution is always a NOW TV representative advising they have corrected the issue at their end for the affected user and for them to 'try again'. Cheers. David.
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

Out of interest.... How is your NOW TV 'black' Box connected to the internet. Is it via a wired or wireless (WiFi) ethernet connection?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi. I've tried both!! At present it's connected by ethernet connection. I get the same by wifi connection.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

@Anonymous User or @Simon-J will hopefully pick up your post in due course and sort it.  You could try Live Chat in the meantime, but that's probably already been sugggested!!

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Seems like you have done everything that i would have tried, saying that i have never come across on the nowtv black box problems with setting up the box from scratch again after doing a hard factory reset on the box (as long has the user entered their correct username and password details).

Perhaps your best option if the box is still in warranty is to look at a replacement box (see guide article linked below for further information about returning a faulty product).

http://help.nowtv.com/article/Return-my-NOW-TV-Box

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Sorry to hear of the issues your having getting your box signed in.

Could you just confirm that you are based within the UK , not using any VPN software or modified Internet connections ?

Cheers

Andy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Andy. Yes. UK. And I am not using a VPN. I've also tried some of the other tips on the forum using the remote control mutiple button press advanced settings but to no avail. Appreciate any help.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User 

Who is your internet provider ?