cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV Box - Signing in to Account

I purchased my Now TV Box (little Black one) complete with 2 month movie package on Wednesday. I was under the impresion all I had to do was hook this up to my TV and way we go. So after doing all it said ie create an account, email address/username and password. I tried to login using these details (which will allow me to log on to the internet site) but to no avail am I allowed to log into the NOW TV box. So when it still hadnt sorted itself by Thursday evening I contact an advisor who advised me to do this that and the other but no still couldb not get signed in. I was then advised the matter would be escalated to their Technical team and that they would contact me by email, and on asking how long this would take I was advised within 24hrs. So when said 24hrs were up I again contact an advisor to say that no one from the technical team has contacted me and when was this matter going to be sorted to be told that the tech team would contact me but she didnt know when and could not give me a time scale nor could she give me a managers name or contact telephone number as they were an internet service. I advised that as they were part of Sky and Sky could be contacted by phone it was a poor show that Now TV cant. Needless to say all I am left with after tonights "live chat" is same old same old our tech team will contact you by email.  My question to all you lovely Now TV users have any of you had same or similar problems if so how did you get round them ??????

37 REPLIES 37
Mark_Weinreb
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User, @Anonymous User Do either of you have any 'special' characters in your user name or password?

Some time ago, the Roku log-in servers (which are also used by NowTV boxes) stopped accepting anything other than letters or numbers. So if you have any puctuation or "@" characters, remove them and try again.

So if you had a password of pa$$w0rd (don't laugh, I've seen that one), then although you could probably log in to you account from a PC, the NowTV box will reject it.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Mark_Weinred

I have no special characters in either username or password i.e. &)"£$ etc but still unable to sign in, even after I used the usser name that customer service agent ask me to use I was unable to sign in to NOW TV box.

Thanks for replying 

Deeff1e

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Reading the forums over time, i have noticed there are a few things that effect customers signing into their NowTV boxes which may not be relevant in your particular cases, but i have listed below some of the more common issues that i have encountered in the past.

1. People using a VPN on their home network have difficulties signing into their devices, but have no problems logging into the forums.

2. Using your device abroad.

3. Not completing the full setup of their account by not providing or withholding their bank card details which is mandatory using the NowTV services and third party apps. 

4. If you are a Republic of Ireland customer the UK NowTV boxes are Geo blocked and vice versa.

I doubt any of the above is relevant with your signing in problems, but it is worth mentioning just in case. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi schnapps

You are correct I am afraid that none of the things you mentioned aply to my issue, if only it was as simple as I had withheld my bank details then that would be fine..

Thank anyway 

Regards

Deeffie

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Please help 2 days I've been putting my email and password in and it's still saying invalid but they are my details I can log in on my phone but not tv
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User

Hi Wendy

The most common cause of your kind of problem is when users have non-alphanumeric characters in their passwords, e.g. @, :, <,>, etc.

If you have any of these kind of characters in your password then you will have to change to something Now TV's system will accept.

Hope this helps

UK Bob

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi and welcome to the forum @Anonymous User,

Perhaps the following 'Help Centre' article may be of use to you: What payment cards can I use?

However, if the afore mentioned 'Help Centre' article does not satisfy all your requirements I suggest you contact a NOW TV representative.

You can contact a NOW TV representative via the forums 'Live Chat' facility or 'Send us a message' facility by using a Windows or Mac computer, not a mobile device, as their web browsers might not be sophisticated enough to display 'pop-up' windows (ie: windows within windows). Also, Mac or IOS device users will require JavaScript support enabled in their Safari internet browsers. Here's what you need to do: -

• Click on the following: How To Contact NOW TV link.
  • To 'Send us a message', click on the light blue 'Send Message' button.
  • To start a 'Live Chat', click on the dark blue 'Chat online' button.
  • A new 'What can we help you with today?' pop-up window should open up.
  • Click on the 'Request Chat' button.

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @wendyf have you sorted this. I have brought my box away with me and am trying to log in and am getting the same message, but I've just logged on to my account with the same details so they must be right, but the box keeps saying doesn'trecognise!

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

A quick question are you trying to use the NowTV box outside the UK ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

No I'm in Suffolk, we've tried both mine and my daughters user details and I've double checked mine by logging into my account. I wondered if it was to do with it being asn open newtwork? we are at center Parcs using their free wifi?