cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV App Missing From List Of Installed Apps. Also Cannot Search Via Actor

I cancelled my Now tv subscriptions a few months ago due to little new content in both established Entertainment and new Films probably due to the Coronavirus. I have since joined a rival service via Now Tv interface.

What I am finding mysterious is that Now TV no longer appears in my list of installed Apps but does appear in the app store with a tick in it. In the app store if I choose options for Now Tv I can "go to the app".

My main reason for writing is that I can no longer search by actor, no actors names appear in the search results . Anyone else have this issue ?

I also may return to Now Tv once the schedules return to "normal".

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Sounds like you have the new NowTV Home Page Screen with the new software on your NowTV Box.

If you go to the main home page, then press the back button on your NowTV remote, then use the search tab from there where you will have the option to search for actors or directors together with TV shows & movies.

I don't know why the search for actors or directors doesn't work on the main search section on the NowTV Main Home Page or using the star option button on the remote.

I did flag this up previously to NowTV and didn't get any response 😠.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @RoyB 

Looks like your stick hasn't updated yet to the latest software version.

My NowTV box is showing Software Version 9.2.3 build 5136-38.

The Home Page layout looks similar to the NowTV App on the Youview box (which i believe you own) with an additional rows for the four catchup services, plus the bottom row is slightly different with no My Apps & Apps Store tile on the row.

Plus on the Youview box there is no back button option to access the older tab settings on the left hand side of the screen which is available on the NowTV Boxes & Stick.

See @Mark_Weinreb photos posted on this linked thread below for the new home screen page layout on the NowTV Boxes & Stick (not sure about the first generation white boxes).

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/NOW-TV-Stick/Two-stick-updating-software-and-builds-differently/td-p/...