cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Roku box doesn't recognise my Now account

Previously I had no problem using Now on my Sony TV through the Roku box - I have the app installed, and I've done this numerous times in the past.

However, today I had problems. Despite the fact that I had activated my sports pass, the app said that I would have to buy a new pass to start watching.

I could only assume that it must have somehow logged me out. So I spent ten minutes trying to log in again, but there currently seems to be nowhere at all on the app where you can actually log in to your account. I went in to settings, but it only gives the options to search for a programme, open the tv guide or return to the home screen.

I gave up in the end, and had to watch the match on my computer.

Does anybody know how to log back in to my account through the Now app on Roku? It is definitely not an option listed on any of the menus. Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Sounds like a glitch on your box if you can't scroll to the very bottom of the television screen to pick up the My Account tile box.

Are you using a full blown Roku Player or a NOW box ?

I am guessing you have tried temporary unplugging the power to the box and Router to see if that clears the glitch ?

If that doesn't work i would try a forced software update on your box by following step 6 on this trouble shooting help guide, which should work for both NOW branded devices and Roku Players.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/troubleshooting-now-box-stick 

There is also a glitch on the NOW system, where when customers buy a day sports membership and watch on their playback devices connected to the television it asks you to buy another sports pass.

To overcome this you need to trigger the day sports membership on something like a PC, smartphone or tablet by start watching on one of these devices, then stop the stream, exit the stream back to the main App and then jump over to your television playback NOW device.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Saint1976
Elite 3

@Anonymous User open the Now app, scroll right to the bottom, bottom right hand corner is "my account". Click on it and sign in.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks, but it doesn't. When I scroll to the bottom, the lowest row is sports. When I scroll to the far right, the last box is currently a women's golf tournament. There is no link there to My Account.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Sounds like a glitch on your box if you can't scroll to the very bottom of the television screen to pick up the My Account tile box.

Are you using a full blown Roku Player or a NOW box ?

I am guessing you have tried temporary unplugging the power to the box and Router to see if that clears the glitch ?

If that doesn't work i would try a forced software update on your box by following step 6 on this trouble shooting help guide, which should work for both NOW branded devices and Roku Players.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/troubleshooting-now-box-stick 

There is also a glitch on the NOW system, where when customers buy a day sports membership and watch on their playback devices connected to the television it asks you to buy another sports pass.

To overcome this you need to trigger the day sports membership on something like a PC, smartphone or tablet by start watching on one of these devices, then stop the stream, exit the stream back to the main App and then jump over to your television playback NOW device.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

That's really helpful, thank you.

I didn't want to touch any connections to the router as my wife was working upstairs at the time, and if the wi-fi restarted or something whilst she was in the middle of a video meeting it could have been extremely problematic.

I'm going to give this a try as soon as she's finished working for the day though, shortly. Thanks for you help.