cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

New tv box not working

I have a now tv box works perfectly, I just tried to use on my new lg tv( it's not a smart tv) and I keep getting a purple screen saying content disabled, I have tried new hdmi cables and nothing, I have turned off reset the box and still nothing. The box works with old tv using new and old hdmi

Any idea on how to fix
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I tried both 1080 and 720 nothing works.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi the box is directly into the back of the TV.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm guessing I'm going to have to accept its NIR working and cancel my subscription
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

To be honest i have run out of suggestions or ideas, where it seems to me that the NowTV box and your LG TV will not play nicely together due to the pesky HDCP encryption, where your nowtv box works fine with your older TV Smiley Mad

You could have a play around with the sequence you switch on your setup by starting with switching on the TV first, then followed by selecting the HDMI source on your TV then followed by switching on your nowtv box or try different start up combinations to see if it successfully completes the HDMI handshake protocol.

Perhaps try playing around with the HDMI CEC settings on your TV (if applicable).

Maybe try a fresh factory reset on both your LG TV and nowtv box.

I doubt any of the above suggestions will work, but i suppose it's worth a shot.