cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Flicking screen

hello all

ive just set up the box and can access everything I need to, however the screen - my tv - is now incredibly hard to watch without a headache as it gently flickers.  It doesn't prevent the images but is very hard on the eyes and head and I have only had on for 10 minutes.  What does this indicate? Just got box and kids so excited, but will have to not use if no solution. Please help. Thanks

14 REPLIES 14
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

You might be experiencing either a HDMI flickering signal or LCD flicker on your TV set.

A few things that you could try.

• Try a different HDMI port on your TV.
  • Try a different replacement HDMI cable.
  • Go into your TV picture settings and turn off all ECO modes such has Ambient sensor etc etc.
  • Reduce your backlight, brightness and contrast picture settings on your TV just to see if the flicker improves.

Also if all the above fails, have you got a spare TV with a HDMI port in the house to temporary test the nowtv box, just to see if the picture flicker is happening on your second TV ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@ Andy-S and NOW TV Support Team

Hello Andy, I am also a new customer and received the Now TV smart box today and have the same problem. Could you please send a fix through to me too (I'm hoping to watch the Leeds united football match this Saturday at 5.15, so fingers crossed!)

My Tv is a Samsung LE40M87BD
Now TV box serial number; 568680339866

Thanks and best wishes
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi there , I play now Tv through the xbox1 and it still flickers, and don’t know how to stop it.
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Just wondering are you experiencing the same symptoms that a couple of  Xbox One users have recently flagged up on this link thread below?

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Xbox-One/Washed-picture-on-xbox-one/m-p/447213#M2556

Anonymous User
Not applicable

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/NOW-TV-Box-black/Eye-Strain-Pain-from-Roku-Box-and-Samsung-TV/td-p/47...

This is the issue I was having a few years ago with a roku box through Samsung 2010 model (which had known issues then).

Now I'm wondering if this bug has been fixed or if it can be negated by using now tv on youview box on the same television?