cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Error 288

I have been trying to resolve this issue for over a month with NOW TV support but its going no where fast.

I have the NOW TV black box.  My fixed line broadband is not the most reliable living in a remote location however I have been able to use the NOW TV black box to watch my paid subscriptions on it.  Due to the remoteness of where I live I have had WISP broadband installed under the BDUK scheme.  When I change the network settings over on the NOW TV black box to the WISP broadband everything works fine, EXCEPT the NOW TV app.  It continually tells me when I try to watch content that it is experiencing difficulties logging me in.  If I change the settings back to the fixed line broadband it works.

If I try using either broadband with my Firestick then all of Amzon Prime video and the apps work faultlessly.  My only issue is that the NOW TV app refuses to work over the WISP connection.

I have checked the IP provided by the WISP broadband provider and it shows as being located to their business address here in the UK.

I have come to the NOW TV pages to login using both connections. Over fixed line I can see the login panel.  If I try the WISP connection I get either an error message or the login panel is not available. The error message is ID 288 which from searching on Google indicates that NOW TV/Sky think I am not in the UK/accessing over VPN.  This is not the case. I am in sitting in my house up here in lovelly Orkney.

Can someone at NOW TV fix this please as my fixed line broadband is due to be disconnected soon!!

14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I did try these already to no avail 

Faraaz (10/11/2018, 19:31:56): No worries Paul I'm sure the team will get this sorted shortly as we are receiving a lot of contacts today for the same issue

I got told on the live chat the above on Saturday. When the team emailed me it was suggested I was having difficulty reseting my password and I should be able to reset it now? When I don't need to reset my password as I can login when I'm using phone 4g . Its definitely something ip related 

Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User wrote:

I did try these already to no avail 

Faraaz (10/11/2018, 19:31:56): No worries Paul I'm sure the team will get this sorted shortly as we are receiving a lot of contacts today for the same issue

I got told on the live chat the above on Saturday. When the team emailed me it was suggested I was having difficulty reseting my password and I should be able to reset it now? When I don't need to reset my password as I can login when I'm using phone 4g . Its definitely something ip related 

Oh i see. Have you tried turning your router off at the wall for 30 minutes so it generates a new ip at all @Anonymous User

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes I have still no luck. Its not just my now tv stick that is affected it is phone app and xbox app when connected virgin but Internet is working fine with everything else but the now tv app 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Still getting this after nearly a week. Or get the 288 error. Still only when connected to virgin WiFi not when using phones 4g... All other apps are working OK eg Netflix bbc iplayer. Just not the now tv app. Like in said I cannot login in on the xbox or phone or tv stick unless using mobile 4g

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Did you get a solution this as I'm now experiencing it? Can't get now tv on smart boxes unless I use mobile tethering. It's been working for 13 months but now stopped. Broadband is from Sky. At the moment no-one wants to help or accept it's a change that they've made.