cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Black box woes

We got the box about a week ago..... It turned on and we logged in. Recognised our WiFi.. Registered the movie passes... We even watched some films. 

Then it went a little mad.... Blank screens, white flashing light, and then nothing. I read and reread these pages... 

We checked the cables

We checked the router and WiFi

We did the reset

Under threat of violence it flickered back to life.... Only as far as cycling between a blank screen and an annoying nowtv moving logo. Then lo and behold it said 'let's get started' so we started again...but no WiFi available. Odd really as everything else in the house can find it. Obviously in shock it went back to cycling round the annoying screen and blank screen. 

It's a good job this didn't cost alot.... But then if it did it might work. 

I have spent hours reading the combined faults on here and concluded this is a wonderful bit of kit when it wants to work. 

I'm torn between pleading for help or fetching a hammer...

Most annoying of all I can watch nowtv on the tablet App whilst the box refuses to work 5ft away.

19 REPLIES 19
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Got the black nowtv box about a week ago. Setup went well, watched 3 films over a few days.  When we next  turned to the channel it was blank and the box had a white rapid blinking light. 

I've read the pages..

Checked the router channel... 

Tried the reset option..

Checked the leads

Turned on and off for varying lengths of time

The white blinking light disappeared altogether for a day...then today it resurrected itself and we briefly had a nowtv screen...but as soon as you pressed anything on the remote it went blank. Now we're back to the rapidly blinking white and a blank screen on the TV.

We have the App on a tablet and its streaming fine...

I'm no technophobe but I'm beyond my meagre ability here.... Am I missing something simple or would it be quicker to shoot the box.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

In a further development tonight we managed to get to the sub menu where we rebooted the system.... We then advanced to finding the WiFi... Accepting the passwords and..... Collapsing back to the blinking white light and blank screen combo... 

I'm considering an exorcism....

herojan
Expert

I would return it as faulty, my black box is extremely stable.

• Roku Streaming Stick+ | S/W 8.1.0 | Now TV app v3.12.132 | Wifi (DHCP)
• Internet - Plusnet Fibre @ 36M

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It briefly came to life...

And reverted back to a blinking white light....

I think it can go back.... 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User,

Sorry for the frustrating experience but glad to see it hasn't affected you're sense of humour 🙂

I've sent you an email about this, so please keep an eye out for it.

Hope it helps,

Thanks,

Rich

The NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've got exactly the same problem? What was the outcome?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Can you give us some more details please @Anonymous User, The issues above are 9 months old and was resolved.

Cheers

Andy

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I have restarted the box and it goes to lets get started. It connects to internet then the screen goes blank and I get a dim flashing light on the box.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Bit of a long shot, but try this below.

With the TV and nowtv box switched off, disconnect and then reconnect the HDMI cable at both ends then switch back on the TV and then the nowtv box.

If that fails, try a different HDMI port on your TV set, then try a different HDMI cable.