cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

2 Now TV Boxes in the same room...

Hi,

I have a NOW TV Smart Box & (a trail) NOW TV black box in the same room....the only trouble is when I use the remote it operates both boxes at the same time! Is there a way of changing the code in the remote or on the NOW TV boxes so the remote doesn't 'clash' which each NOW TV box?  I can do it with my HumaxYouview / Humax Freesat boxes (as they clashed when I first had them)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Nice one... Problem solved Smiley Very Happy

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

I don't think it's possible @Anonymous User,

But it might be worth taking a trip over to the Roku Forum to see if there are some solutions...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@SeeMoreDigital

Thanks for your reply. I have had a quick look on the Roku Forum but can't find anything 😞  . At the moment I cover the front of the Now TV (Smart or black) box I am not using.

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User

Hi W

The only real way to achieve separation is to keep each box on opposite sides of the TV and point the remotes directly at the box you want to operate, I think the IR beam on these remotes are narrow enough not to affect the box you don't want it to.

UK Bob

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Just a thought...

I guess it could be possible to control one of the boxes using the Android 'remote' app and the other box using the IR remote control.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@SeeMoreDigital  

I didn't know there was an Android remote app to control the box...I'll do a search for it now. I take it it will come under Roku remote app?

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Yep, that's the one 😉

@ukbobboy wrote:

The android app will affect both boxes.

The last time I tried the app it offered the ability to select an individual boxes IP address/serial code number...

ukbobboy
Legend

@SeeMoreDigital

Sorry SMD

The android app will affect both boxes.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks @ukbobboy  I do have the boxes on either side of my TV but no matter what I do both work at the same time (especially the Smart box...sometimes works even when the front is covered! 😞 )

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

I've just tried the Roku 'app' and it does offer the ability to select individual boxes 😉