cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

why does my now tv box not recognise username and or password

Why does my now tv box not recognise username or password -both correct and case correct

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable
No result code just prompts try again

View solution in original post

838 REPLIES 838
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am having exactly the same problem. I can access through my internet and smart tv but not the box.

I didn't actually want to reply to your message but I can't find how to enter a question on the forum.

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum.

Have you tried the usual remove the power cable from the box for a couple of minutes and trying again? Also make sure you enter your username rather than your email address when logging in.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi,
After I changed password twice and still didn’t resolve the problem, I removed the power cable, didn’t work.
I then reset the box, and then got a message that there was no wifi connection, even though I had had 3 ticks on the set up wifi page.
I did have a virtual chat with a virtual agent but got no-where, so tried the forum and also sent an email, which I am waiting a reply to.
I suspect the box is broken, even though it was working a couple of days ago.
Thanks for your reply.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:
After I changed password twice and still didn’t resolve the problem...

Hi @Anonymous User,

For future reference... Unless you've had a security issue, there should never be a requirement for anyone to have to change their 'once working' password Smiley Surprised

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for getting in touch with us. I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with the box.

Are you able to try a hard reset via the reset button on the back?

Please let us know how you get on.

Cheers,

Rob

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi Rob,
Got it sorted, thanks

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same here, tried all the options but failed.

i think it's automatically updated and crashed the boxes.

seems quite wide spread look at all the  responses on here.

suprise suprise nobody at now TV available to help, I just hope they are going to replace the two boxes that won't work since there update. 

Well I am waiting on an email but won't hold my out to much hope. Can see me cancelling my contract

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same issue here.

strange this seems to have happened after an automatic update

Also live chat could not resolve the issue so waiting for an email from the tech team. Let's see how long I am waiting for a response.

if they can fix it then I want two replacement boxes, otherwise I will cancel my contract

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I tried live chat and got nowhere. I was waiting for a rely and eventually the operator came back with, “you haven’t responded, are you still there?, I’m ending our chat” Grrr
Anyway, I googled stuff, found out how to re set the box, and got as far as connecting Wi fi (all boxes ticked), then on to password. Input and got message there is no Wi fi connection. Oh yes there is. Oh no there isn’t, said the box. Reminds me of a pantomime. haha.
So I emailed Now TV.
Then went out to do some retail therapy.
When I came back, I tried the reset again, but this time everything was different. It accepted password and user name and then started to update. And ITS WORKING.
But I did also get an email which told me to re set box, and if that didn’t work, advised the following;
PRESS HOME x 5
PRESS FF x 3
PRESS RW x 2
THEN PRESS OK.
Sounds odd, but might be worth a try, if you haven’t had a reply

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sorry for the late reply @Anonymous User,

I know it's a bit IT Crowdesque but if it's still happening can you give it a hard reset and see if that helps?

Also, please ensure you're not running any VPN's on your network.

Sorry for the problems.

Thanks,

Rich

The NOW TV Team