cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

why does my now tv box not recognise username and or password

Why does my now tv box not recognise username or password -both correct and case correct

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable
No result code just prompts try again

View solution in original post

838 REPLIES 838
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've got the same issue. What is very strange is that the box accepts the login during the initial setup but rejects it when trying to watch something.

Frustrating!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I had same problem and found out from Now Tv that its a ip ban, which prevents you from logging in, they told me its cause by to many loggings but also it can happen by mistake, just go to live chat and speak with them

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User,

Thanks for getting in touch.

That seems odd that you are able to log in sucessfully but can't play out any content on NOW TV. 

Could you please try playing out NOW TV on another device, like a PC/Laptop and see if that works for you?

Just incase you didn't know, NOW TV is available on loads of devices, to see a full list please click here

Also, please can you ensure that your NOW TV box has been fully updated and try re-booting your internet router by unplugging it for a few minutes and then re-connecting your device. 

Please let us know how you get on. 

Thanks, 

Seema

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This is very frustrating.

I found out this afternoon that I am locked out of my Now TV box-

1. It didn't recognise my username and password when it was re-entered.

2. Changed my password via my account

3. A complete factory reset

4. Entered everything as it is supposed to be

5. There was a problem connecting to the service. Select Network setuo to change your network settingw, or try again.

Completely locked out. I have now been trying for an hour and a half with different networks, yet it continues to recycle the Username / Password screens.

What's going on?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I sorted mine myself, as of yet no contact has been made from anyone at Now TV to offer any help, i reset my password, factory reset the box, hard reset the box then got rid of the worng password message, only to be replaced with a unkonw error message, still not letting me log in, i then logged out of the pc website, and tried it on my ps3, it worked fine, then tried it on the Now Tv box, again worked fine, seems you can log into anything with Now Tv on it if you're logged on to there pc website.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
That hasn't worked. But thanks for trying. I shall give them a couple of days to come up with some answer and then cancel my subscriptions.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User,

Thanks for your post. 

I am so sorry to hear that you're having trouble watching NOW TV, I can understand how frustrating that must be for you. 

I will need to look into your account, so I will personally email you back. Please keep an eye out for the email and be sure to check the Spam/Junk Mail incase it ends up in there.

Thanks, 

Seema

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I have. The same issue 😞
Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User, 

Thanks for getting in touch with us here at NOW TV. 

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you have encountered with your NOW TV Box. Can you please let us know if you are receiving the same ' Unknown Error' message? 

Are you able to let us know if you have hard reset the box via the reset button on the back? 

I look forward to hearing from you. 

Thanks, 

Karl

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am having the very same problem....

Now TV does not recognise my username / password.  I have changed it multiple times, tried resetting the box unplugging it etc - but nothing happens.  This is really starting to annoy me now, and I'm about to start cancelling subscriptions as I'm paying for stuff I can't view. 

Anyone know what to do other than go to another provider?

Neil