cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Why have I been charged 10p twice?

Hi I have just looked at my statement and it's says that now tv are taking 10p out of my account twice??
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum.

If you've just recently signed up for a NOW TV account you may see 10p mentioned on your card as NOW TV request a 10p pre-authorisation to check the card details you've given work. However they are only reserving the amount (in a similar way that supermarkets reserve the payment amount when shopping online to make sure you've got the money there before they deliver) they don't actually take the amount out.

Normally you won't see it appear on a statement but depending on how your card issuer works it may appear for a day or two until your bank realises NOW TV haven't gone through with the transaction, at which point it should disappear.

More info at this help page (ignore the mention of the 1014 error)
http://help.nowtv.com/article/Sign-up-1014

Not sure why you see it twice though unless you have created two accounts using the same payment card. If you check with your bank they should be able to confirm its only an authorisation not an actual transaction, and if there any problems post back and a member of the NOW TV team can look into it for you.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum.

If you've just recently signed up for a NOW TV account you may see 10p mentioned on your card as NOW TV request a 10p pre-authorisation to check the card details you've given work. However they are only reserving the amount (in a similar way that supermarkets reserve the payment amount when shopping online to make sure you've got the money there before they deliver) they don't actually take the amount out.

Normally you won't see it appear on a statement but depending on how your card issuer works it may appear for a day or two until your bank realises NOW TV haven't gone through with the transaction, at which point it should disappear.

More info at this help page (ignore the mention of the 1014 error)
http://help.nowtv.com/article/Sign-up-1014

Not sure why you see it twice though unless you have created two accounts using the same payment card. If you check with your bank they should be able to confirm its only an authorisation not an actual transaction, and if there any problems post back and a member of the NOW TV team can look into it for you.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ah ok thankyou for this
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've got it 3 times on my bank account and only signed up once.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

This is an attempt to validate your card. The amount will be released back to your account automatically 🙂

Birgit

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

You took (or reserved the money) on 17th March and it's still has been released!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I would speak with your card issuer @Anonymous User as this is only an authorisation fee and is refunded as soon as we request the charge.

Thanks

Andy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have also been charged 10p twice - is this due to the level of devices I have signed in on?