cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Can someone please explain how Now TV are not falsely advertising this service.

This post comes in two parts. The first section simply highlights the background and ongoing issues that i am having. The second section explains why i am of the belief that Now TV are falsely advertising this product.

Background

I purchased a Now TV Box and a three month entertainment pass only to have my service cancelled one month in. After investigating this i discovered that a DHC Compliance check had (Incorrectly) linked me to a sky users account that owed them money.

Poor Customer Service

As instructed, i contacted Sky several times only to find that the majority of staff had no idea what i was even talking about (they simply advised me that they dont deal with Now TV and couldnt help) however after my perseverance i got through to a manger that genuinley tried his best to help. He advised me of the mixup with the DHC complaince check and gave me some advice to replay back to Now TV through the Live help feature. He even gave me his email address to pass onto them so that they can contact him to verify what i was relaying. 

• Have Now TV acted on any of this? No!
  • Have Now TV even contacted this manager to attempt to resolve this? No!
  • Are Now TV aware that i have paid for a service i am not receiving? Yes!
  • And what have they done to resolve this? Nothing! Not even an offer of a refund!

And so, with regards to the issue, this is where it has been left. Me, paying Now TV my hard earned cash in advance for a service that claims to be "No Strings" and "Available to anyone over 18" that i have not recieved.

Is this false advertising?

At the heart of this issue is a DHC Complaince Check. Its basically a check against any data held about you by Sky, Now Tv and i assume any subsidaries, etc. Now thats fine, make as many checks as you like. But at least have the decency to make people aware of this before they purchase this service by paying in advance.

Nowhere on your website, packaging, advertising or terms and conditions does it state that this service is subject to any form of check. In fact, to take this one step further, Now TV activley promote this to be "No Strings" on the front of their website as well as stating in the terms and conditions that it is "available to anyone".

1. Im sure we can agree that No Strings means No Conditions; however there is a condition, a big one in the form of a DHC complaince check.
  2. Now TV is not available to anyone, its subject to a complaince check so how can it be available to anyone?

I would very much appreciate it if a member of the Now TV help team could explain this to me as i feel this is something that customers need to be aware of before parting with their hard earned cash. Obviously, im sure you can understand, we dont all have Rupert Murdochs millions and the price of a Now TV Box and Service is a lot to loose for most of us.

26 REPLIES 26
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User 

Thanks for your post.

I'm very sorry to hear about this issue, and that you're still awaiting a response.

We'll investigate your case further, and ensure that a member of the NOW TV team is in touch with you very soon.

Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Thanks,

Steve

NOW TV Team 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm certainly not a member of staff and have only been with NOw tv for a few days, but I felt I wanted to comment on the poor customer service statement.  I'm no computer whizz and in our 70s i thought we'd struggle with now tv and having seen Watchdog i was a bit wary, but i have to say i managed to get on to this forum and the 2 questions I asked, though they were probably very basic were answered very politely and quickly by members of staff Birgit and pethed.  We've so far watched 3 films and had no problems on our Apple TV and I think we will be getting a box as we've been told it's the easiet way to get ITV player when we were looking at new tvs in John Lewis.  Thank you.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User 

That is very nice of you 🙂

Regards,

Birgit

NOW TV team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Well first of all I would like to thank the mods for not removing my original post; from what I have experienced so far, as in a complete failure to help from the live chat team and sky themselves, I genuinely thought this would be removed and brushed under the carpet so to speak. I’m pleased to say this has not happened and I am truly hopeful that someone who is acting on behalf of Now TV can answer my original questions.

@Sidhse, I hope you are well. Thank you for your input with regards to this issue I am having, I am genuinely pleased your relatively short experience with Now TV has been a positive one. Mine; however, has not, and these issues that im raising are a lot more serious than those raised on watchdog.

To assist you in understanding the level of my concern, here is a crude analogy:

I am a Web Developer and you pay me for a website, after I have taken your money I fail to build it, you email me out of concern and I then also start to ignore your messages. Would you just let this go? Or would you want answers, as well as your website you had paid for? That’s exactly what’s happening here!

Also, to further reinforce my point with regards to my allegation of poor customer service, I have noticed that a member of the Now TV team (Birgit) has taken the time to reply to your post yet has not even bothered to reply to me with regards to the serious and potentially unlawful issues that I have raised. I think that alone highlights what I am saying.

***Okay, quick update for NOW TV Team***

As advised by the Live Chat Team, I have been emailing my concerns to the email address help@nowtv.com however they are now bouncing back to me with the error message: 451 Temporary local problem - please retry later.

This has been happening for two days now!

As of today i am still without service, this is the sixth day of me not receiving what i have already paid for.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @@Anonymous User 

I appreciate you must be extremely frustrated, but I think it's very unfair to direct all of your post at @@Anonymous User who was only giving his/her experience.  As you will know from the post the member is in their 70s and I think to then start explaining your position in a  "crude analogy" to them is quite patronising.  I feel your comments about your dissatisfaction should be directed at NOW TV.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@sidhse, If my post came across as directed at you, i apoligise, i assure you it was not intended. I replied to your post out of courtesy, and then went on to attempt to explain to you why i was feeling this way as i felt it was related. Again, if i communicated that badly, and it didnt come across that way, i am sorry.

@Anonymous User. I was concerned about the points that you raised and as you can see, have addressed them above. I am concerned that you seem to be suggesting that i should be messaging someone differently because of their age. Can you not see, to do that would be patronising in itself! I have the upmost respect for the user regardless of his/her age.

Pehaps you would like to comment on the issues i raised in my opening post?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Stephen-L

Hows the investigation going? Is there an update yet?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User 

Thanks for your post.  I take your point about my post, it's just how it read to me.

Regarding your opening post, I've not commented on it is because you've specifically asked for a response from the NOW TV team which I'm not and also, as a regular member of the forum, I'm not aware of all the specifics of the case.  I am surprised to read about the problems you've encountered and I would hope that your post is picked up on by the NOW TV team.  @Anonymous User , Community Manager, does monitor posts as do other members of the team.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

lol, its okay @Anonymous User 

I am fustrated, very flipping fustrated! Truth be told, Now TV was an awesome service and to be clear i have no issues with the service itself, while i was able to receive it.

My issue is that i have paid up front for three months of this service only to have it taken away... I wont go into legal and/or contractual details again; however, im sure we can agree that to pay for something and then to have it taken off you is very unfair, by anyones standards! I hope you can understand 🙂

To be fair, and clear, my comments of poor customer service were directed at the online (live chat) of Now TV and not the mods on here. Im still hopefull that they can assist as me coming here was a last resort, due to the live chat not wanting to know. Even after informing them i had paid in advance and were legally entitled.

I dont want to rock the boat, which is why i didnt post all of my saved chat logs from the live chat on here; there really bad, i assure you. For example in one, i advise the gentleman that there is an existing case number... He tells me he is reading notes then continues his speel... 10 mins later he types to me "I see that you have contacted us before regarding this issue"????

I promise you mate, im not usually a 'complainer' but its been really really bad!

Anyway, hope you and your family had a good christmas 🙂