cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Annette1
Advocate

Now tv error

All of a sudden we are getting the circle of doom when trying to access e.g. football matches on Sky Sports.

On android mobiles we eventually get “Viewing Stopped. Something’s gone wrong. If the problem persists, contact Online Support Team (error code 410) BLC”. I can’t find any reference to this code at all and can’t find how to contact this support team. 

On iPad the circle of doom just goes on forever. I’ve tried logging out and back in  uninstalling & re-installing.

Need to get it sorted so that the OH can stop stressing about not being able to watch more than one sport at a time.

17 REPLIES 17
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Annette1 

Bit of a long shot, where I would be tempted to try something like Google DNS on your playback devices.

Use you internet search engine browser on instructions how to switch to Google Public DNS servers on your playback devices.

redchiz1
Champion 2

@Annette1 

If you still need to get in touch, use the green Chat online button near the top of the page here during the hours shown.

Jeffo100
Advocate

Hi I am having exactly the same problem. How did this get resolved? When I contacted Now TV support they said that I was not showing as being in the UK. I live on the Isle of Wight. How is that not part of the UK. I do not have a VPN running. This is the same on my Roku device, Samsung Tablet and Ipad.

Nitro
Scholar 3

Out of interest, who is your wifi with? Can they provide you with a static IP Address?

Jeffo100
Advocate

Hi. My WiFi provider is Vodafone I have been with them about 4 months now. I haven't had any problems. The last error code I got is 410 BLC. I have had Now TV for sometime with no problems. Surely this is down to a Now TV update.

Nitro
Scholar 3

Are you using an Android mobile?

Nitro
Scholar 3

Sorry, you did say Android - the issue seems your Vodafone network IP - is potentially showing outside UK - if you ask for a static IP - this will deffo resolve the issue.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Jeffo100 

Try doing a factory reset to the router. It should hopefully sort its location out. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Roo
Mentor

I am having the same issue with Error Code 410 BLC. Brand New Samsung Tablet which I got 2 days ago . Installed Now Tv on it yesterday...was working fine watched half a program, paused it ...back to it about half an hr later and as you said Circle if Doom appeared.  Uninstall rebooted , Installed again . As before everything is there to watch just can't get into anything TO WATCH without it going to the Circle of doom. And actually having the same issue with a couple of Apps on my Samsung TV as well ! My Smart TV dose not support the Now Tv app! hence deciding to get a tablet to watch it on !  Has anyone had any joy getting answers about how to fix this ?