cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV app update

Hi I went to use the NOW TV app on my ASUS ME173x Memopad Running Android 4.2.2 the other day and it keeps closing with the message "Unfortunately NOW TV has stopped" sincethe update.  I have cleared the cache, uninstalled and reinstalled it and restarted the tablet numerous times. It is running App version 7.5.0.

It used to work perfectly until this update and it runs fine on my mobile which is running Android 7.0.

Any Ideas ?

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm having issues with my Asus memo pad HD 7 ME173X with android version 4.2.2. 

It was working fine then just stopped since the beginning of September. Can't get it last the loading page without ending in an error saying "unfortunately nowtv has stopped".

Please help!!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've had the exact same problem with my ASUS memopad ME173X.

So far I have uninstalled and reinstalled and joined beta testing and it's made no difference.

I detect it's an update issue their end considering at least the 3 of us have been affected on the exact same devices.

I have had no response on a thread I have written about this and just about to try a live chat which will no doubt be unsuccessful. I've also sent an e-mail to the now tv app 'developer' as part of beta testing.

Has either of you had any luck yet?

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Nope not a peep, I also posted after the previous update which is when mine first started crashing and there were a couple of other fellow sufferers with the same problem. As I said it is fine on my unbranded Chinese phone running Android 7.0 so it must be a problem with Android 4.2.2. Live chat are never available since they introduced BB services. Absolutely hopeless service.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

AT LAST A SOLUTION !!!!

Uninstall currently installed version.  Then go to https://apkpure.com/now-tv/com.bskyb.nowtv.beta/versions    and select V7.4 , install it don’t forget to “allow” external sources in settings. You will find the APK in  FILE MANAGER > Downloads.   Make sure that Google play store doesn’t update it !!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This advice came from NOW tv livechat so I'm guessing that it's O.K. My FULL Kaspersky Antivirus didn't find anything nor does the GOOGLE Play store, it just wants to update it !!!!