cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

No playback on TV

So I installed the Now TV app on my iphone 8 and on the app it states that they support mirroring if a HDMI cable is plugged into the ios device. Bought the cabel and adapter, plugged in, changed the source etc I can see the screen mirrored onto the TV but when I then activated my sky sports day pass it states "External Playback is not allowed"

Any ideas? 

1 REPLY 1
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

I don't own any Apple IOS devices, but i am sure that NowTV removed the use of connecting s HDMI cable feature well over a year ago now on their streaming service.

Found this information from one of their help centre article pages which i copied & pasted below the part about remote viewing on IOS.

Apple iOS

• iPhone: 4S and later
  • iPad: 2nd generation or later
  • iPod Touch: 4th generation or later.

All devices with iOS 8 or later are supported. Using iOS 7? You'll need to upgrade to the latest version of iOS to use the NOW TV app.

Keep in mindYou can't use AirPlay to stream or mirror NOW TV from any iOS device.

I believe you can cast from an iPhone to your TV with a nowtv box or nowtv stick, but i don't see any point or advantage of this when you already have a box or stick connected to your television already.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/using-your-iphone-to-cast-to-your-tv

Perhaps if you want further clarification about using an Apple mobile IOS device when using a HDMI cable you speak to nowtv live chat.