cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Movies list sorting

Hello, can anyone tell me how the movies lists are sorted (apart from "all" which is alpha by title)?

Also is it possible to change the sorting?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Random would be the word! The collections are all curated by NOW TV so they choose the selection of films that go in those sections but there's never been any particular order, and on the iOS app there's no way to reorder them.

What you may prefer to do is browse the movies on the website 

http://watch.nowtv.com/movies/explorer

as this allows you to search for particular films, actors etc, sort by release date, date added or alphabetically and filter by genres or certificates. As long as you are logged into the website you can add films you like to your My TV list from the website and then access them from your Watchlist on the iOS app.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks Andy,

that looks it could be better, but I'm having problems loading it this pm (safari, chrome, Windows 10 phone.. Ookla says 32 down, 2 up courtesy plusnet, other internet ok)

Of course each time I try the site safari says "want to load the app?" .. Arghh!

What would be nice would be context sensitive searching.. If I'm in movies, just search movies, if I'm in movies/drama just search that category/collection etc..

Cheers,

Simon.

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Yeah that page is a bit of a resource hog and has been temperamental for me in the past as well. If they could take some of the flexibility of that page (eg the ability to filter by certificate and ability to search by actor or director) and build it into the other apps it would be welcome.