Mentor

Error fetching passes

Hi I’m trying to watch manifest season 2 in the uk and it 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Fairyfeet 

Is the message happening on all Season 2 episodes? 

What happens if you sign out of the NOW App on your iPad and then do a full power down and then restart the iPad and sign back into the NOW App.

Have you got any other playback devices to test Season 2 on has a temporary test to get past this message? 

If other playback devices are saying the same message, would you have internet data on your phone, to temporary wifi hotspot to your iPad to see if Season 2 plays.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Fairyfeet 

Is the message happening on all Season 2 episodes? 

What happens if you sign out of the NOW App on your iPad and then do a full power down and then restart the iPad and sign back into the NOW App.

Have you got any other playback devices to test Season 2 on has a temporary test to get past this message? 

If other playback devices are saying the same message, would you have internet data on your phone, to temporary wifi hotspot to your iPad to see if Season 2 plays.

Fairyfeet
Mentor

I’ll look on my tv tomorrow, I’m able to watch it in sky at the moment, thanks 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Fairyfeet 

I haven't got an iPad or iPhone, but just done a quick test on my Amazon Fire Stick and Season 2 episode 1 plays ok for me doing a quick test.

Hopefully something I suggested will work.

I did a search on the NOW Community by typing in Error Fetching Passes and they all came back from what I can see either iPad or iPhone. 

Fairyfeet
Mentor

I’ll check tomorrow now

Fairyfeet
Mentor

It’s happening on both my iPhone and iPad 

RoyB
Legend

@Fairyfeet @schnapps 

I just started Manifest S2E1 on this iPad, via Now opened in the default Safari browser, and it played absolutely fine.

Is it just Manifest that isn’t working for you, or any Entertainment programme?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @RoyB @Fairyfeet 

Somebody over on Twitter (X) is also getting this error fetching passes message when attempting to watch a TV show (might be Succession) and it looks like they are also using an IOS mobile device such has an iPhone or iPad.

No solution over on Twitter (X), where I don't know if they have tried a fresh NOW App download onto their iOS mobile device or not from the device Apps Store to see if that makes any difference in getting past this error message.

Edit - The error message over on Twitter (X) is "unable to fetch data" don't know if this is the same exact message you are seeing or your message is "error fetching passes' has your initial post.

RoyB
Legend

@Fairyfeet @schnapps 

iCloud Private Relay on iThingys seems to cause issues with Now.

If you have this On, try going into the iCloud Settings and turning it Off.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.