cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

LG TV not working on now tv

been using now tv on my LG tv no problem. Updated my passes again and I'm getting a message saying error liafing player. Now tv working perfect on all my other apps on phone etc. V frustrating as renewed it for the tv and now can't use it .. 

• LG
9 REPLIES 9
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Please have a read of the roughly dozen threads about this.

LG released an update for their TVs, and it broke NowTV on them.

This is a known issue and both companies are working on it.

2015 sets and later with WebOS should get this fixed.

2014 and earlier sets with NetCast are losing NowTV from 24 August anyway.

How old is your LG TV?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Its about 2 years old... ive been trying to go through all the threads and look at solutions... ive contacted now tv now asking for help

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

2 years old is WebOS, and so will get fixed.

I’m not sure, though, that there is anything you personally can do, except wait for NowTV and/or LG to release a fix.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
nst
Elite

what a mess this all is.

1.  there are SEVEN threads on page one on the same subject....  isn't it a good idea to merge them all into one, or at least ensure that people dont start a new thread time and again when theres already another that can be used to discuss the problem. 

2.  I, myself have recently started to rely on my new LG TV's WebOS app.  I actually haven't been watching anything on NowTV for a few weeks so ive yet to check if im affected - but looking at the comments here i probably will be.  That being said, ive made the point several times in here about NOT using the built in apps on various TVs for this very eventuality.  Thankfully, the AppleTV will soon enough be updated and all will be well - but for others that dont have an appleTV... for the cost and disruption (i.e. minimal) just get a NowTV stick or other external device, then this problem will go away for good.  Future disruption cannot happen - the TV will last as many years as you want it to - and you can change and update the external device whenever you feel you want to.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I agree with both your points.

Only two days ago I was telling my daughter about the Music Centre versus HiFi-Separates controversy of yesteryear. That said, in 1984 the Macintosh was criticised for being all-in-one 🙂

JDP

RoyB
Legend

@nst @Anonymous User @Anonymous User 

A problem this Community has is that when you start a new post on other Communities out on the internet, the software looks at your title, and suggests any threads already going that seem to be about the same thing.

On this one, you can make your intended title a search, and see such threads before you start a new post, but people don’t tend to do that.

Sometimes, people do find a thread they can add to, but many don’t realise that they should read the thread, or at least the most recent entries, to see If their query is already covered.

I have often wanted to say ‘The answer you want is in the posting directly above yours, FFS’, but have so far restrained myself.

As regards ‘all your eggs in one basket’ syndrome, getting a NowTV Stick is all very well, and certainly to be recommended. But one day, as sure as eggs is eggs, NowTV will fubar the Sticks for a bit, and those of us with the app on our Smart TVs will just smile and watch that for a while.

The trick is not to have one way to watch NowTV, but not the other. The trick is to maintain at least one more way of watching NowTV than the ways that are screwed up at any given moment 😛

RoyB
Legend

Correction regarding New Post; if you have Suggestions turned On, it does show you potentially similar posts when you add your title.

So now I have to find if this is On by default for new users, and suggest that if it isn’t it should be,

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Am I understanding you correctly that if I buy a fire stick it will work on my my LG tv ? I have been on to tech support at Now and complaints this morning but neither suggested buying a fire stick . 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User 

Not a fire stick that won’t work a NowTV Stick.