cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sky Sports News HQ App

I received an email yesterday informing me that if I have a current Entertainment pass (which I do), Cinema pass or Sports pass or have had in the past 30 days (I recently had a week Sports pass) that I could watch Transfer Deadline Day today on the Sky Sports News HQ App today. I told my son who was excited but have discovered that because we watch Now TV through our LG tv that we don't have access to the Now TV App store.

To me this seems very unfair. We are still paying the same money for our pass the same as if we had purchased the box so it seems that we are being discriminated against.

Are there any plans for LG TV Now TV users to have access to the app store in the future?

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous User
Not applicable

The now TV store is a specific feature of the now TV box based on roku store and boxes. If they were to put a app on the LG tvs they would have to build one specific to there app store. Why not purchase a now TV box they can be picked up quite cheap in places like argos tescos etc.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks Daniel. What is the point of spending money on something when it is part of a product i.e. TV that I already have?  Plus I have enough wires with the blu ray player, FreeSat, Router, TV and PS4. That was one of the reasons why, when I needed a new TV that I purchased the LG as  I had cancelled SKY and thought NOW TV would be a good replacement and with it being part of the LG Smart TV  I wouldn't have to worry about hiding more wires!

Thanks again for your response anyway Smiley Happy- still think this is something that they should look at providing as it does seem unfair that anyone who accesses NOW TV through the TV are being discriminated against. Smiley Sad

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

...still think this is something that they should look at providing as it does seem unfair that anyone who accesses NOW TV through the TV are being discriminated against. Smiley Sad

It is what it is @Anonymous User,

Access to Sky Sports News HQ is offered as a free 'perk' app to people who elect to buy a dedicated NOW TV hardware playback device!

Cheers