cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

LG 42" Smart TV streaming quality issue

Since 26th December any movie on NowTv, via the LG smart TV, has been completely unwatchable. The streaming quality consistently drops to 300 and 500. On the TV the movie becomes pixelated almost immediately on starting the film. The only way to increase the steam quality is to quit NowTv, sign back in and continue watching the same movie. The streaming quality temporarily stays at about 3100 for 60 seconds and reverts back to 300-500 quality.

I have tried various troubleshooting avenues, but everything comes back to an issue with the NowTv LG app.

- simultaneously streamed the same movie, via my NowTv account, from both my PC and LG TV. The PC's streaming quality did not drop below 3100 but the TV did not go above 500.
- both PC and TV are directly wired to the router. Tried different LAN cables which made no difference
- LG app and LG firmware are up to date
- tried other streaming service, Netflix, which was fine.
- turned off TV and Router and tried again. Tried on different days too, including trying at 3am when traffic would be virtually nil in my area.
- checked Virgin Media's network status for my area and that is fine
- checked the packets and network status of the TV whilst streaming NowTv film and there appeared to be delay in NowTV packets coming through to the TV when compared to NowTV packets coming in to the PC

As you can see I've been very thorough with my tests and the only issue has come from the NowTV LG app.

I've put up with this for over a week now, but I'm not satisfied with the service being provided anymore. I pay monthly and have already lost out on over 25% of my months subscription, as the TV is the streaming device of choice.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can type or if there is an issue with the NowTV service.

Regards,
30 REPLIES 30
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I too have been having the same problem. I have a new LG UHD 55UJ65. I have reset both the TV and the router and the speed test while watching Now TV is an upload speed of 9.3 Mbps and a download speed of 27.2 Mbps.

The picture is highly pixilated while with Netflix I get perfect UHD quality.