cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Morning,

I think something missing!!!

Like other provider such as Netflix, they offer movies with subtitle at a lower price! 

Now TV should be able to offer that service for must of their movies and, this should normally help deaf people watching films...

Thanks,

Guy

491 Comments
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Talking about getting customers attention, You guys need to do something impressive and better than the competition.

There are different types of customers using the internet and they're all willing to pay reasonable amount for anything beneficial for their own use. For example

Good price, Good movies, Good sport shows and most importantly for the hard hearing customers, There must be a way they can activate subtitles while watching a movie just like netflix, though its not all their movies with subtitles but majority of them and also the price here is too high and we all know tax is included so why not a good price and a sastifying agreement with tax added into the price just like nextflix.
If the competiton is using a particular price, in other to overcome them you need to charge the same price and eventually addvalue to stay on top even if it's at the same price. You could take their customers attention into your own market.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I thought the main attraction of NOW TV was that it was offering a wide range of reasonably recent movies on demand across a variety of devices for £8.99 a month (which is considerably cheaper than paying Virgin Media, whom I'm with, who charge £26 for the privilege).  

The subtitling issue is a bit of a problem across the VoD market in general (although, as you say, Netflix seems to be getting a grip on it).

This service has improved _considerably_ since it first launched and I don't think £8.99 is much to ask - hence I'm sticking around. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm a customer at Netflix and I'm willing to cut of my contract with them and join Now TV but it seems Netflix also offers a "‎range of reasonably recent movies on demand variety of deviecs"‎ at a price of £8.99 and they also have a cheaper offer at 5.99 because not many customers have more than 2 devices.

Why do you think £8.99 is not much to ask?
Many customers are complaining about it and it's changing my mind of joining Now TV

All I'm asking, What exactly is so special about Now TV that will let me off Netflix and continue a good membership with Now TV.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Depends if you like (often low scoring) the 4-5 new weekly additions, if you have seen the films already (cinema, DVD or rental) and they give wide coverage to your favourite genre.

Now TV has a very poor Horror (amongst others) selection v other services such as Lovefilm.

So £8.99 might not be such a bargain.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I don't see them as being in competition as Netflix offers a lot more than Movies. Now TV offers films a year before Netflix and also 11 Live Channels happily pay both. They are complementary services.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Without subtitles NowTV is useless to me, you should make this clear before I wasted 9.99. on buying the box

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Also youll have to avoid.

Movies unlimited

Amazon/Lovefilm

PSN video store.

4oD

Demand5

and many many more IPTV services as they DO NOT provide subtitles or CC for content... very few do...  

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Netflix provide subtitles and is as far as I know the only streaming service to do so. It is sad that these things that affect the disadvantaged users are nit available. Audio Description is also lacking.

At least I can see the interface on Now TV which is more than I can do on the BTTV service.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Having just bought NOW TV I find it is of no use to me as it does not support subtitles.

I find this totally unbelieveable in this day and age. I guess the guy who can hear designed the system with no thought to those that have no hearing or are hard of hearing. We are not an minority. What a waste of money shame you failed to advertise the lack of subtitles in your adverts

Anonymous User
Not applicable

If you go to the Now TV web page you will find out how to return the box. Apart from Netflix as far as I know no On Demand service currently provide subtitles and none provide audio description.