cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Morning,

I think something missing!!!

Like other provider such as Netflix, they offer movies with subtitle at a lower price! 

Now TV should be able to offer that service for must of their movies and, this should normally help deaf people watching films...

Thanks,

Guy

491 Comments
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Any up date on providing us deaf people with subtitles?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The whole thing seems like a rushed attempt to gain extra revenue. Sky saw netflix and lovefilm cleaning up so what sky did is make a substandard version, charge 3x the price and we all got suckered into it. Vote with your feet and unsubscribe!!

LMAO!! Write unsubscribe and do a spell check.... Sky obviously don't want people writing that word!! 🙂

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi there,

I have seen messages going back over a year asking for subtitles, and you saying that the idea was under consideration.

I'd just like to add to this, as you haven't given people a suitable response (except to fob them off) that I find it very really bad that a provider of television / film services in this day and age offers no subtitles on their service - did you know that you are discriminating against your disabled customers in the way you provide the service. You may want to look up The Equality Act 2010.

Nearly 1m people in the UK are severely or profoundly deaf. Note, this does include those who are partially deaf. Further speakers of English as a second language now outnumber those who speak it as a first language (that is 1 in 3 of your customers) and need subtitles to follow fast moving movies...

Couples with this, your competitors are cheaper so I'm not sure how you hope for this service to be a successwhen you provide less service than others for more money.

I signed up for a 30 day trial, and I'm astounded you can't offer a single thing like subtitles. If you can't sort this out I will be one of the MORE THAN 1 in 3 in this country who will say no to your service.

Dear me...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

A message for Now TV. The service is good the films are good but no subtitles.

I will cancel my subscription at the end of the month unless they are added.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Subtitles still hasn't been sorted out. I have seen a lot of comments and anger at the fact that subs hasn't been added. A year ago this month a user asked about it, and you said it was being taken into consideration. Every major TV/film supplier on the net has some kind of audio description. Why not you. Why after a year are you still telling people to put it into the ideas panel, can we get a full answer as to the state of the situation.

Besides this, I love this site

Kind regards

Anonymous User
Not applicable

NOW tv really needs to add subtitles to their service, I have recently been thinking of getting a YouView box and getting a NOW tv subscription. But I now refuse to get the subscription, due to no subtitles. I am profoundly deaf and hear hardly anything, living in a flat, I have to limit my TV sound so always need to have subtitles. Sky are currently discriminating deaf and hard of hearing, something needs to be done 😕 

Christmas is coming soon, maybe us who want subtitles will get. It's a long shot.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I agree however live subtitles are hard to do on the web.

However, catch up could have them.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
They may be hard but if Netflix have subtitles then so can love film and now TV it's bit impossible

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Subtitles on live tv is different.

For a catch up services, or for films, there is no excuse.

Kudos to Netflix, they have done a good job with subtitles from what I've viewed in my time as a subscriber.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Yeah of course but my dad is a subscriber and I seen the film collection I pretty pleased with the films tey are better than netflix but the disappointed me is subtitles. And what gets on y nerves the most is the fact they say they are working on but no update