cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Come on guys, there are numerous requests on here for an app for Samsung TVs, there's really no excuse for not having one. Samsung are one of the biggest TV suppliers in the UK, surely you're missing a big market opportunity?

225 Comments
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Should of purchased an LG tv then, their better than Samsung anyway. Or get a now TV box?

Releasing an app for all these different makes and model of devices is not only expensive but time consuming I would imagine.

Oh and for what it's worth I have an LG TV and it does everything but Now TV even though it falls in to the Now Tv LG bracket of devices that should have it. I'm not complaining though I got a now tv box for nothing.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Been paying for now TV for a few months if they don't allow it on samsung TV soon I will cancel. Also suprised that no one from now TV has said it will happen soon on this thread!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

What NowTV aren't realising is that I would use the service a lot more if it would just be  on my samsung TV.

It's a shame that they are so careless about user experience.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've got a feeling that the contract might be for a few years, because the aniversary of the LG deal was in July. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User and @Anonymous User, we've just launched our full app for Apple TV, details here: http://community.nowtv.com/t5/Movies-Entertainment-blog/More-NOW-TV-on-Apple-TV/ba-p/255933

Thanks,

Tom

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Anonymous User
Not applicable

"Releasing an app for all these different makes and model of devices is not only expensive but time consuming I would imagine." 

I'm sure the product with the majority of the market share would warrant the investment. He's talking about Samsung not some illegitimate unknown backstreet brand.

Can we have an official response about when Now TV will be made available on Samsung Smart TV's? This question was posted 2 months ago and has thus far been rudely ignored.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User it hasn't been ignored, we just have nothing to announce right now.

We had an exclusivity agreement with LG since we launched our app for their TVs last year, as explained on their blog. I'm not sure when that agreement finishes, but it'll obviously have a bearing on any future releases.

We're releasing new platforms all the time, and let everyone know about them as soon as we can. In the past two months we've launched Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Apple TV, Chromecast, and I'm sure there'll be more to come in the future.

Thanks,

Tom

DarylM
Legend 5
Legend 5

When the exclusive deal with LG was announced in August 2013 it was said that it would run for a year.

Unless the deal was extended (and I don't see why it should be) it will have expired by now.  So I really hope that an app is forthcoming for Samsung Smart Televisions.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sad samsung cannot deliver Nowtv app, only Nowtv will suffer lack of subscriptions, no one is overnight going to change their minds about Samsung products if they are proven to be good and comparable with near market leader in phones. Big mistake putting eggs in one basket nowtv. I certainly don't need am

nother box by my telly.