cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Come on guys, there are numerous requests on here for an app for Samsung TVs, there's really no excuse for not having one. Samsung are one of the biggest TV suppliers in the UK, surely you're missing a big market opportunity?

225 Comments
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I cannot believe that NOW TV have not issued a Samsung App - I have access to other forms of competitive rentals through Amazon Prime, Netflix and Blinkbox (all of whom have the apps on Samsung), so I don't need NOW TV. I can access NOW TV using my laptop and connecting this to my TV, however it is so laborious and time consuming that I just use alternative providers. It seems that the launch of the NOW TV box has ignored the fact that people expect most of their entertainment systems to be fully integrated. This is a reason why I have never bought an Apple TV box as the last thing that I want is several boxes lying around my TV.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Fortunately I do have a Chromecast - does NOW TV work with that too?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User you can cast from either Android or iOS to the Chromecast, it will count as one of your devices, but if you ensure you cast before playing any content the mobile / tablet doesn't have to count.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Unfortunately the app doesn't allow you to buy the passes using the app interface - this means that you have to log in to your PC and buy a pass through that (or use the browser on your phone). This is a major design flaw for a company trying to improve its uptake.

Simplicity is key - I want to be able to access my account through the app (which I can do) and buy my passes using my mobile. Quick and easy.

If I use Amazon Prime or Blinkbox all I have to do is press a button and hey presto!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Seriously... Why don't you have a Samsung Smart TV app?  I will be cancelling my trial subscription next month because of this.

Are your petty corporate squables worth losing customers over?  I presume that's what this is all about.

Get it sorted.

Pronto.

DarylM
Legend 5
Legend 5

I would love to see an app for Samsung Smart TVs.  I assume that LG's period of exclusivity has ended, so I hope it won't be too long.