cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I realise the service has just launched but can you guys aim to give us HD content with 5.1 Dolby Digital Plus surround sound like Netflix manages.

127 Comments
Anonymous User
Not applicable

There have been many requests over the last year or so from users for HD, and we keep being fobbed off being told HD is available only for XBox360.

You need to prioritise HD, as for many viewers, myself included, lack of HD content is THE deal-breaker stopping many of us from subscribing.

I use a YouView box, and would also consume HD content on my iPad and MacBook.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

To me, lack of HD is a deal-breaker. I won't be considering any subscription whatsoever until HD content is provided.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I cannot believe there is not a HD option for PC or PS3. Both platforms support HD (in fact BBC iplayer has been doing this for a long time). Granted it's about bandwidth, and the cost associated, but would help to put NowTV ahead of its rivals!!!

Anonymous User
Not applicable
To keep up with the competition! The films could look even better in full hd.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I signed up at the weekend and was very dissapointed to discover that the audio tracks for movies are in stereo. It seems a strange choice to stream HD content with stereo audio when Lovefilm and Netflix offer 5.1 for the majority of titles.

As this request has been open for over a year 5.1 is unlikely to be implemented before my trial expires, but if it was I'd subscribe. As it stands I won't be renewing.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

I have recently purchased a You View Box and I was wondering if HD streaming will be coming to this in the near future? I have an Apple TV which shows Netflix movies in HD. The quality of the stream from Now TV compared to Netflix is quite significant.

Thanks

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I think in the future, HD channels would be a good idea. Since Sky already have the rights to them and they exist on Sky TV, I guess this should be pretty do-able.

However...

Obviously some users are going to have capped broadband connections so I think it would be a good idea to allow customers to turn HD channels on or off in their account/box settings. This would allow those of us who can to have HD and allow others who don't have the usage allowance to continue watching SD.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The NOW TV box only outputs a resolution of 720 and not 1080 like proper HD.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

yep i noticed that aswell, also half the movies etc are streamed using pore quality as i've used netflix and had no probs with full hd and no streaming interruptions yet half the movies i did want to watch were not even in sub-standard dvd movie quality it was like some of the dodgy quality on project free tv and it kept on spacking out and stopping yet i have a 20 meg dual band n+ broadband line so its all down to now tv and the poor quality from sky! Also the complete lack of any useful apps available, the app button is a waste of space and so is now tv to be honest seems no youtube or itv player and half the catch up stuff isnt actually on there unlike if you go online via pc and find all of it. just seems that now tv isnt even ready to be released at all as there is too much wrong with the service and not available and £8.99 a month for a load of crap movies if im brutally honest 8 films that i could watch as i havent seen them 4 of those in poor quality and 1 would not work properly yet netflix doesnt have the same problems and thats cheaper! sky and now tv need to go back to the drawing board and make this the right way for people to want it and want to buy it and not return it or just throw it away!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Its under a tenner delivered to your door what do you expect for such little money Smiley Happy