cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

when are you going to support the kindle???

51 Comments
Anonymous User
Not applicable

You won't get this for a long time as google services and frame works waste to much storage...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Does NOW TV support amozon Fire Tablet yet please. Bought one for Christmas. Netflix works well and I believe Sky TV. But not now TV. 

Also how do I get subtitles on now TV on any of my devices. Thank you.

Hopefully joss1

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User there is no Kindle app and at present there are no subtitles on any device. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thats a shame. Thanks anyway.
I love Netflix subtitles. As i often miss the odd important word or
sentence.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
As many people have already requested, please make now tv available on kindle/kindle fire.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Shame that the Kindle is not a supported device though from my recent experience it seems it’s excluded for commercial reasons and not that it technically does not work on a Kindle. 

I downloaded the latest Kindle apk file “NowTV for Kindle” last night and installed it on my Fire HDX without a problem. I entered my NowTV username and password and was amazed that after all I had read on the forum I was able to see the full NowTV options clearly. I was able to scroll through the movie titles up down and sideways and all looked great. As it was late I went happily off to bed! However the next day on opening the app I was confronted with “app not supported on this device” – I Ok’d it and it closed.

Strange it worked fine after the initial login and yet (I assume) once it tried to register my device on the system it knew it was a Kindle – then the next time round it wouldn’t allow me to log in. I did uninstall and re-install but got the same notification. Obviously not a clean uninstall. Kicking myself I didn’t test a movie when I had the chance!

Surely it must benefit Sky to have this app available on all possible devices? I mean what is the difference between allowing it on an iPhone but not on a Fire? Or could it be something to do with Amazon Store v Sky Store?  Shame Smiley Indifferent

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Please make the NOW TV app available on Amazon store. I own a Fire Stick and considering a Kindle Fire HD Tablet and would love to be able watch NOW TV on either on these devices. All the other streaming services seem to be available (Netflix, Iplayer, ITV Hub etc) so why not NOW TV?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi google no longer supports my Tesco App either. Is this the same thing ? Permalink

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User

Nope.

Amazon run a rework of the android OS with android being open source google can't stop them using the code base amazon call it Fire OS...

NowTV never intended the app to run on fire OS and Google services are Google coding google forces on all google legit android OS builds...

Amazon fire Os is not google legit android build and amazon remove a lot of google android code...

To run google services requires users install code Amazon Fire OS don't support and does not supply to download...

So any app requiring the removed code goes gaga as it expects all google supplied code to be there...

If your app is rejected by google play then you likely forgot to do something to pass the Play store Q&A...

If you were talking about the tesco tablets.

They have been Discontinued by tesco... as they are quiting the market to go back to normal shopping sales...

Tescos is just dumping all of there tablet owners with no support...   

Anonymous User
Not applicable

There used to be a version of the Android Now TV app that worked great on my Amazon Fire TV Stick so clearly there was no technical barrier to having Now TV on Amazon devices - it would just required some cooperation between Sky and Amazon on a commercial level.