cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Can I now cancel Sky

Hi I have been a now tv customer for awhile and just bought the now tv stick for my main tv. I do not have an outside aerial so joined Sky many years ago and also have talk talk broadband. Do I still need Sky subscription for me to use Now tv and watch ‘normal tv’ ie bbc 1, itv, channel 4 etc? Thanks 

1 REPLY 1
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

The nowtv smart stick doesn't offer all the free to air teresterial TV channels that you get on Freeview, YouView etc.

With the nowtv stick and new 4K  nowtv smart box you only get the BBC iPlayer App, ITV Hub App etc and not the full complete of normal teresterial TV live channels.

If you can't have a fixed TV aerial at your property (where i personly wouldn't recommend a portable indoor TV aerial) then Freeview or YouView options is out of the equation. 

I have never been a Sky Satellite TV subscriber, but i believe that if you cancel your Sky TV sub that the Sky Box will still work, apart from you will not be able to record anything off the Sky Box, have access to old recordings off the box or watch the Sky subscription channels.

Perhaps a Sky TV user on here, who has cancelled the Sky service can confirm if the Sky box still operates to a certain degree.

If the Satellite Dish is purley used for your property and is not a common Dish shared by a number of Tennant's and you also need a recording feature from a box, then perhaps look into FreeSat where you would need to replace the Sky box with a FreeSat box.

Hopefully other forum members will offer more advice or come up with some further suggestions and ideas.