cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

The Walking Dead Season 7, first half has disappeared without warning...

Hi, I'm a new customer who signed up in February to finally watch The Walking Dead from the very beginning, having been badgered by several friends for a long time to do so. And mightily impressive it is. Having joyfully binged my way through the first six seasons I started watching the seventh, watching episode 3 yesterday.

Today however I discovered that the first eight episodes of Season 7 are no longer available. These episodes did not carry an expiry date nor the usual 30-day countdown, and I've seen no warning of their removal. Having come so far watching the show I'm pretty gutted, and I've noticed several people on Twitter voicing the same concern. 

Is this standard practice? I really don't want to wait for the Blu-Ray to be released, so any help or advice would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

SE.

101 REPLIES 101

@Anonymous User wrote:

@SeeMoreDigital wrote:

To everyone concerned...

This is the 'Sports' area of the forum. Can you please keep your posts 'on topic'? 

Many thanks

It is on topic.  It is a reply about lack of compensation for not providing what is expected.

Partially true, but that complaint arises from a different issue - namely the disappearance of an entertainment asset.

Maybe it deserves its own thread under Entertainment?

In order to maintain the profile of the sports issue that we're all moaning about, it's probably better to keep the focus of this particular thread on that specific topic (rather than go off topic which would dilute the focus).

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@dr_necessitor wrote:

@Anonymous User wrote:

It is on topic.  It is a reply about lack of compensation for not providing what is expected.

Partially true, but that complaint arises from a different issue - namely the disappearance of an entertainment asset.

In order to maintain the profile of the sports issue that we're all moaning about, it's probably better to keep the focus of this particular thread on that specific topic (rather than go off topic which would dilute the focus).

Sure.  @Anonymous User  will we get compensated for this issue ?  

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

@dr_necessitor wrote:

@Anonymous User wrote:

Sure.  @Anonymous User  will we get compensated for this issue ?  

@Anonymous User 

here we go again.  move the inconvenient requests away that illustrate the lack of response from NOW TV.  "this issue" above was the poor sports transmission

OK. Since this is here...

Why was there no compenstation/refund for removing The Walking Dead?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I wonder what will happen if this thread grows to 230 plus posts?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

schnapps wrote:

vc13 wrote:

stammie1609 wrote:

... are any Now TV staff on these forums going to offer or tell me a way to get compensation for the last month of spoilt viewing that I paid £34 for?

No.  Neither do I expect a refund for them removing The Walking Dead with zero notice.  It won't happen.

Firstly, I would be suprised if "The Walking Dead" was removed with zero notice (i might be wrong though).

Be surprised no more...

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Entertainment/The-Walking-Dead-Season-7-first-half-has-disappeared-wi...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@stammie1609 wrote:

... are any Now TV staff on these forums going to offer or tell me a way to get compensation for the last month of spoilt viewing that I paid £34 for?

No.  Neither do I expect a refund for them removing The Walking Dead with zero notice.  It won't happen.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

And guess what... Episodes 4 and 8 of season 7 are missing on the Irish service. All other episodes are available across seasons 1 through 7. Imagine my delight when I finished episode 3 to then find myself scratching my head asI was on 5!

This is not a first for NowTV. Happened before with The Strain and Silicon Valley. These are not full or half missing seasons (understandable by the catch up logic) but random missing episodes in the middle of seasons.

I currently have a ticket open where customer support are trying to tell me this is a rights issue. Why would the studios give the rights to all previous episodes but then pull 2 apparently at random. I think someone just messed up and are spinning me a tall tale. This kind of crap from NowTV will drive people back to pirating.

I am finding NowTV a bit lacking since they launched in Ireland. A lot of problems with random missing content and the Roku box interface is buggy too (e.g. pause not working, crashing when selecting to continue to next episode then recording you've finished it when you haven't).
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

I doubt very much it is a licence rights issues, where my guess is that the NowTV Content Team over in ROI have accidentally not added the missing episodes to their server folder.

It happens over here in the UK from time to time where for some reason or another where the NowTV Content Team mistakenly miss off episodes of TV shows.

Usually when members flag it up on here it gets rectified pretty quickly.

I think NowTV need to make somebody responsible for checking their content more rigorously on a day to day bases looking for errors.

Anyway looks like TWD Season 7 episodes here in the UK seems to be in order. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for your thoughts Schnapps. That sounds plausible. The guys on the help desk seem to be singing from a hymn sheet and not actually troubleshooting the issue.

Hopefully some of the NowTV team here can rectify this. And if so, in future I'll come here with details of missing content.

I'm still quite aghast at them trying to explain this away at a rights issue when it blatantly isn't. Very lazy really.
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

I will tag the @Anonymous User so that can speak to their counterparts in the ROI to investigate the missing episodes of the TWD.

Hopefully somebody from the NowTV Team will also acknowledge on here that they are looking into this and why there are certain episodes missing from season 7 of TWD on the ROI service and more importantly if or when they are going to be added.