cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

The Walking Dead Season 7, first half has disappeared without warning...

Hi, I'm a new customer who signed up in February to finally watch The Walking Dead from the very beginning, having been badgered by several friends for a long time to do so. And mightily impressive it is. Having joyfully binged my way through the first six seasons I started watching the seventh, watching episode 3 yesterday.

Today however I discovered that the first eight episodes of Season 7 are no longer available. These episodes did not carry an expiry date nor the usual 30-day countdown, and I've seen no warning of their removal. Having come so far watching the show I'm pretty gutted, and I've noticed several people on Twitter voicing the same concern. 

Is this standard practice? I really don't want to wait for the Blu-Ray to be released, so any help or advice would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

SE.

101 REPLIES 101
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi and welcome to the forum @Anonymous User,

I also noticed that the expiry dates for the early season 7 episodes were a little confusing. I meant to mention it this morning so the 'content team' could take a look at it but I forgot. So sorry about that Smiley Embarassed

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, thanks for the welcome and the quick reply. What concerned me was there was no expiry date at all shown next to those episodes, either on my Xbox or iPad versions of the app. A real shame if they're gone. 

SE.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi.

I am in the same position as SE.

I have watched up to episode 3 too and there was no watch before date, or info given, so am now unable to see episodes 4-8 inclusive of series 7 which is really annoying.

Will be waiting, and hoping, to see if they will be put back on.

JT

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Please would you advise when we can watch the 1st half of season 7? You've mentioned "expiry dates for season 7 were a little confusing", which is quite worrying to me as there wasn't any expiry dates for the 1st half of season 7, as reported by other users as well.

My expectation is that Now TV would let its customers know in advance when the episodes will expire (by stating the expiry date next to each episode, as per the usual Now TV arrangement). Hence please would you advise when we would be able to view the 1st half of the season. Thanks.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm in the same position. Expiry dates weren't a little confusing - they were completely missing. I had no reason to suspect that half the season would disappear without any warning.

Expiring programmes or series with only partial episodes available are a major weakness of NOW TV which is not true of your streaming competitors and a major reason why I'm likely to terminate my subscription after the next season of game of thrones.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Please would you advise when we can watch the 1st half of season 7? You've mentioned "expiry dates for season 7 were a little confusing", which is quite worrying to me as there wasn't any expiry dates for the 1st half of season 7, as reported by other users as well.

Hi @Anonymous User,

Just-so-you-know... I don't work for NOW TV 😉

Anonymous User
Not applicable

So do we have an update from "content team " as yet?

really disappointed as one of the main reasons I joined Now tv

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi all,

Having access to all the episodes of such a highly popular show for more than the usual 30 days (after their live broadcast/stream date) is actually quite rare on the NOW TV service 😉

All 16 episodes of season 7 are now in the hands of Amazon Video for £29.49 in HD 😉

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@SeeMoreDigital wrote:

Having access to all the episodes of such a highly popular show for more than the usual 30 days (after their live broadcast/stream date) is actually quite rare on the NOW TV service 😉

@SeeMoreDigitalThis was NOT catch up, this was on demand.   It has been over SIX MONTHS since the first half of season 7 was broadcast.  Netflix and Amazon Prime do remove a small number of their box sets from time to time but by and large they have the popular shows on constantly.