cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

The Americans missing episode

Hi - i'm enjoying the chance to re-watch ITV Encore's 'The Americans' on catch-up before we finally get season three next month. However, last night's episode (S1, ep 7) hasn't appeared. I've checked on both PC and Roku. Anyone know where it is?

157 REPLIES 157
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same here, no episode 9 - S3.

There was an issue last year with Series 3 where Episodes 9 & 10 were corrupt and it did not get fixed before ITV Encore removed it.  Therefore completely ruining the series run.

Have therefore been waiting for the series to be repeated and yet again an issue with one of the same episodes.

Have just done a chat session with support asking for it to be looked into.  Need to wait 48 hours for a reply, so that leaves only 8 days for them to fix.

DarylM
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Which device are you using?  Episode 9 is available via PC, so maybe it has just been uploaded.

What baffles me is the erratic nature of the expiry dates.  Ep10 currently has fewer days left than Ep5, for example.

If this has solved your issue please mark this as an accepted solution.

Those little green stars by my name mean that I'm a Community Contributor - not Now TV staff. I just try to help out if I can.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
It's PS3 and iOS.

However,mince raising the query, the mysterious episode 9 (along with odd shortened expiry date) has appeared.

So they've fixed the issue - still no communication though. I don't understand the point of their "help" - the people who operate it clearly aren't given any information to work with, just standard copy-and-paste stuff.

Now, having already watched episode 10, do I go back and watch episode 9, hoping my brain will re-order the story correctly, or skip it altogether?
DarylM
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Episode 9 is very good and, in some ways, is fairly standalone.  So I'd recommend watching it.

Those little green stars by my name mean that I'm a Community Contributor - not Now TV staff. I just try to help out if I can.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Is there any explanation on offer for these absurd expiry dates? Those series is supposedly showing on a '30 day catch up' but I now find myself having to cram in every episode up to and including 10 within the next 7 days. This is now beginning to rival the "Oops!" message as the thing most likely to cause me to burst a blood vessel/cancel.

DarylM
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User  It's because these episodes are repeats being shown so that new viewers can catch up before the new season starts.  Repeats are usually available to only watch live.  On the rare occasions that repeats are on catch up, they will usually be on catch up for a shorter period.

(To clarify, this refers to repeats of previous seasons of shows still on the air - rather than older shows that ended years ago.)

However, it does appear that some episodes of The Americans have been given the wrong number of catch up days.  Which will result in some newer episodes expiring before older episodes.  This is clearly a mistake.

When Season 4 begins next week, I'd expect 30-day catch up since the episodes will be brand new.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Many thanks for taking the time to reply. Is there any way of contacting someone relevant at Now TV who might make a difference?

DarylM
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User  You could try emailing Now TV via the Help section.  But it would be ITV who set expiry dates on their content, so you'd probably be better off emailing ITV Viewer Services.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

When trying to watch Season 4 of "The Americans" on Now TV via my Toshiba laptop, I keep getting the message "There was an error starting the video stream. For more info, please go to nowtv.com/help."

Other programs such as "Billions" are working on Now TV but Season 4 of "The Americans seems to have a problem with the stream. Is there a way I can contact Now Tv directly about this ?

Kind regards,

Donal

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Sorry to hear this.

Would you be able to let me know if you are based within the UK ?

Thanks

Andy