cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

The Americans missing episode

Hi - i'm enjoying the chance to re-watch ITV Encore's 'The Americans' on catch-up before we finally get season three next month. However, last night's episode (S1, ep 7) hasn't appeared. I've checked on both PC and Roku. Anyone know where it is?

157 REPLIES 157
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Currently 'GeekTown' show this: http://www.geektown.co.uk/tvairdates/the-americans/

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just spotted in my new TV Mag' that the sixth and final season of the excellent The Americans will start at 10pm on Wednesday 4th April.... on ITV4.

Had noticed they were doing late night repeats of season 5 and looks like they will now host season 6....... moving away from ITV Encore.

Love this show, so a nice surprise to see the new season starting very soon.

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Yeah, ITV Encore is closing end of April, the good news is everyone now gets access to it rather than payTV subscribers.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Andy

Hard on the heels of Gotham...... just another show I'll need to watch in SD!!!!

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User haha yeah well we will still get Encore boxsets so it might turn up on NOW TV, but you're right just like Gotham, do we series link and hope it turns up later or just go for the SD free-to-air option ... that's progress for ya! 😄

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

@Andy

Hard on the heels of Gotham...... just another show I'll need to watch in SD!!!!

@Anonymous User @Andy

I'm not saying this will happen with Gotham. But remember when Channel 4 pulled the cheeky trick with agents of shield a new episode was shown each week on E4, but then later in the week. The episode that was shown on is for was repeated on Channel 4 out of peaktime which means it was available in HD if they do something similar for Gotham, then the episodes might be available in HD. At least the terrestrial TV users .

I think the episodes of agents of shield were repeated on a Sunday afternoon on Channel 4 at one point

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@commanda6 I don't think I checked last year but I remember the year before I started PVRing the C4HD repeats of Agents and got caught out when they stopped doing them half way through. I could future proof this year and PVR the E4 Gotham eps on Freesat, faff around hooking up a hard drive to the TV to PVR any C4HD Freeview repeats and still wait for Netflix to get it later ... which should cover all eventualities apart from the National Grid running out of generating capacity! 😄

Life never used to be this complicated!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Andy@commanda6

I always like to check the strange hours of channel 4 broadcasting to see if anything I watch on More4 or E4 might turn up there for HD viewing, but you very rarely see it these days........ I'm sure the bosses behind the Sky and Virgin pay-walls make sure the quality stuff they have on More4 HD and E4 HD never slips over to 4HD, it'll be in their contracts?? (don't let the poor folk see it in HD!!!!!)

What about that 47HD channel that 4 provide on freeview, a channel that brings together the best of that weeks 4 programming...... the perfect home for E4 and More4 stuff to migrate to for HD viewing, but no, it's just more HD viewing of the same mince from 4HD.

Not that long ago the pay-wall lost its exclusivity to 5HD when that came to freeview and lo-and-behold, all the quality US shows that you could see on 5HD slip over to the SD channels???  Money talks.