cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sound Stuttering

I noticed someone else had this problem but since the issue appears to affect specific episodes I thought a new thread was necessary.

I am trying to watch the Game of Thrones Season 5 finale and the sound is stuttering from the start. I also had this problem with the True Detective finale and as a result was unable to finish watching it as the stuttering kicked in the last 10 minutes of the episode - sure does kill the tension.

I know it's been fixed since, but this occured when I was trying to watch True Detective episode 2 as well and these are the only two programmes I've even watched. Why is this such a recurring problem? 

220 REPLIES 220
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

I am also have this issue on GOT, very frustrating, issue certainly hasnt been resolved.

@Anonymous User wrote:

I noticed someone else had this problem but since the issue appears to affect specific episodes I thought a new thread was necessary.

I am trying to watch the Game of Thrones Season 5 finale and the sound is stuttering from the start. I also had this problem with the True Detective finale and as a result was unable to finish watching it as the stuttering kicked in the last 10 minutes of the episode - sure does kill the tension.

I know it's been fixed since, but this occured when I was trying to watch True Detective episode 2 as well and these are the only two programmes I've even watched. Why is this such a recurring problem? 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just watching Lucy on movies and having exact same issue, sound keeps having to catch itself up and stutters seems to do it randomly.

Have had it a lot on both entertainment channels and movies.

Using on roku 3 via hdmi into yamaha amp.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Alert to now TV.. I too have noticed audio stutter in the  episodes 6,7& 8  of game of thrones season 3? 

Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User, @Anonymous User and @Anonymous User.

Thanks for getting in touch with us here at NOW TV. 

I apologies for any interruption this issue has caused to your viewing. We are working on getting this resolved as quickly as possible. 

Sorry again for any inconvenience this has caused. 

Kind Regards, 

Karl

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've been having the same problem on a number of episodes of GoT both series 2 and 3. Some are small, but series 3 episode 3 is unwatchable. I'm using a Roku3, hard wired to BT HomeHub5 (which has been reset) on a BT fibre to the property 75Mb connection. I have the same problem if I watch on my PC (Windows 7, IE11). Other programmes on NowTV appear OK, Netflix, iPlayer etc. all work without issue. Clearly this is a long standing NowTV issue so I am adding my voice to the demands for action.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Series 3 Episode 3 of GoT appears to have been fixed. I've had a couple of random dropouts on later episodes, but nothing as bad as it was. Don't know what was done to fix, but thanks.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just to add my voice to those disappointed by episodes of modern family. Definitely bad in season 6 with many episodes unwatchable. I did come across one in season 5 but can't remember which one.

Maybe you can add to the dev's backlog a request to report an issue with the programme you're currently watching, regardless of device. You'd get feedback much faster, and we wouldn't have to make a note about which episodes have problems so we can report it via this thread.

Regards

Rob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just echoing what a lot of people have put on here - I have been experiencing issues that have got progressively worse over the last few weeks.

Programmes I've noticed it on include Chicago Fire, Happy Endings, Scott and Bailey (multiple episodes of all of these). This is on multiple viewing modes including nowTV box attached to TV, nowTV app on ipad, and nowTV desktop site.

I appreciate it's difficult to give an ETA on technical issues; however, can you clarify exactly how you are dealing with it? Simply saying "we're aware and we're working on it" doesn't exactly give much confidence that it will be solved, especially since it just seems to be getting worse. What resources have you allocated to it and how is it being prioritised relative to other technical issues? What do your technicians think is the cause of the issue, and how soon are they estimating it will be fixed no matter how approximate the estimate?

This is the kind of issue that would cause me to search for another TV provider if it wasn't resolved soon, as it does detract significantly from my viewing experience.

Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User, 

We do apologies for the time it has taken to get this issue resolved. 

Can you please let us know the season and the episode that you are experiencing this issue on? 

Thanks, 

Karl

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Trying to watch modern family season 6 and the sound is stuttering!!! making it unwatchable!!!

Broadband and other video streaming is not affected!