cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dalega
Mentor

Oscars Ceremony

Does anyone know if the Oscars ceremony will be screened on Now TV.  I think the actual ceremony this year takes place on 28 February.  I know they've screened it for the past 2 years but when I asked on Live Chat today, the girl said it had 'no visibility'.  Do they usually leave it so late to cofir the viewing schedule?

I also asked abou the Golden Globes ceremony, which takes place on January 10 this year.  Same answer.

Can anyone enlighten me?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Dalega

The ceremony is being shown live on Sky Premiere, which is included with the movies pass. Those with an entertainment pass can watch the highlights show.

More info here

http://community.nowtv.com/t5/NOW-TV-Blog/How-to-watch-the-Oscars-2016-on-NOW-TV/ba-p/354237#9La4AHf...

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Dalega

If it's on the Live Sky Movies channel then it should be available on NOW TV via a movie subscription. However please keep an eye out closer to the date for confirmation and updates.

Cheers

Ranj

NOW TV Team

Dalega
Mentor

As this year's ceremony is only  a week away - on Sunday 28 February - do you have any update on this?  I can't actually see a TV schedule anywhere in order to check on this myself.

With thanks

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Dalega

The ceremony is being shown live on Sky Premiere, which is included with the movies pass. Those with an entertainment pass can watch the highlights show.

More info here

http://community.nowtv.com/t5/NOW-TV-Blog/How-to-watch-the-Oscars-2016-on-NOW-TV/ba-p/354237#9La4AHf...

Dalega
Mentor

Just one more question.  How do I actually navigate to it when I tune in tomorrow night (which links to follow)?

For example do I go to the left-hand menu and click on Movies or what?  Or will there be a special link saying 'Academy Awards 2016'?

Many thanks agoan for your help  : )

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Dalega you want the Live Movies. I suggest trying to watch something on Sky Movies Premier or Sky Movies Oscars just to make sure you've got no problems as there will be limited help available during the night. 

Dalega
Mentor

Thanks for this.  As I only have access to Sky through Now TV I can't link to Sky directly.  So hoping that the Live Movies link will do it.

However, I just tried to check the link and when I clicked on the film 'Selma' (to check that everything working ok) a message said I had to download/update Silverlight.  I did that - everything fine - it is installed and I got the message to confirm it.  Restarted computer, refreshed browser. However, when I click on the the film I get the exact same message.  I expect this is a differnt kind of problem  - one that you perhaps can't help with - but thought I'd post anyway, just in case ...

Many thanks again : )

Dalega
Mentor

Just to say I got it working. All I needed to do was open link in a different browser (Firefox).  Somehow it wouldn't work in Safari or Chrome.

Looking forward to the ceremony tonight! 

Appreciate your help : )