cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV free entertainment trial (14 days)

Hi, I have signed up for the NowTv entertainment free trial on the 23rd of july and on my account which I checked on the day I signed up, it says I will be charged £6.99 on 6 august 2017. I thought since it's a free trial you can cancel anytime before the trial ends and not have to pay anything. I have been on their website to search for an answer to my question and I feel as if they were trying to dodge it. So if I cancel my trial before 6 august, for example on the 4th of august will I get charged?

Thank you!

Please get back to me as soon as possible. Very urgent.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

If you have no intentions of continuing with the 14 day free entertainment trial after the expiry date then to avoid the auto renew monthly subscription payment kicking in each month, i would suggest cancelling your pass at the earliest possible date (don't worry if you cancel early you will still get the full 14 day duration of your free trial to watch NowTV).

When you decide to cancel, make sure you follow all the cancellation steps right to the end and you will receive an email notification from NowTV within a few hours confirming you have cancelled their service.

One word of caution, to be on the safe side i would recommend not to cancel in the last 24 hrs of when your trial is finishing due to the NowTV auto computer system could disable your ability to cancel the trial pass offer (i.e the cancel button will turn grey and doesn't give you any access to cancel your pass). 

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi and welcome to the forum @Anonymous User,

The NOW TV media streaming service, is primarily a monthly 'roll-over' subscription service. With an option to cancel at anytime!

According to 'NOW TV's Terms & Conditions', if you do not officially cancel the individual NOW TV services you've subscribed to they will 'roll on' automatically prior to any 'free trial', 'promo offer or 'monthly voucher pass' subscription expiring.

All free-trials, run for their full duration, even if they are officially cancelled after the first day.

After officially cancelling each one of your subscriptions (by accessing the 'My Passes' area of your 'My Account'), NOW TV will send confirmation by email.

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for getting back to me quickly @SeeMoreDigital, here is a screenshot.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@SeeMoreDigital, sorry thats a little hard for me to understand as english is not my first language, could you simplify that for me a little bit.

Sorry for the inconvenience,

Thank you 🙂

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

According to your screenshot you are on a month pass which expires on Tuesday 15 August. You are not on a free trial.

Either way, if you don't want to continue viewing the NOW TV service after Tuesday 15 August, you can cancel now and your pass will still run to the end. And you will not be charged.

The official way to cancel your NOW TV subscriptions is via your NOW TV account.

It's recommended that you use a Windows or Mac computer, not a mobile device, as their web browsers might not sophisticated enough to display 'pop-up' windows (ie: windows within windows). Also, Mac or IOS device users will require JavaScript support enabled in their Safari internet browsers. Here's what you need to do: -

• Log onto your NOW TV account via this forum using the same log-in details as your NOW TV playback device.
  • Then click on the coloured 'Canel' button which is located within each of the NOW TV services you have subscribed to (ie: Entertainment, Cinema, Kids, Sport). You should see something like this: -

cancellation.PNG

• A new "We hate saying goodbye" web page will be displayed.
  • Scroll down to the bottom of the web page.
  • Click on the purple coloured 'I don't want my contract free pass' button on the bottom right of the web page.
  • Follow the remainder of on-screen instructions/questionnaires and retention offers, if any...

If the above mentioned 'cancellation' process has been completed correctly, you will receive a confirmation email from NOW TV.

Cheers

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

If you have no intentions of continuing with the 14 day free entertainment trial after the expiry date then to avoid the auto renew monthly subscription payment kicking in each month, i would suggest cancelling your pass at the earliest possible date (don't worry if you cancel early you will still get the full 14 day duration of your free trial to watch NowTV).

When you decide to cancel, make sure you follow all the cancellation steps right to the end and you will receive an email notification from NowTV within a few hours confirming you have cancelled their service.

One word of caution, to be on the safe side i would recommend not to cancel in the last 24 hrs of when your trial is finishing due to the NowTV auto computer system could disable your ability to cancel the trial pass offer (i.e the cancel button will turn grey and doesn't give you any access to cancel your pass). 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@SeeMoreDigital

The screen shot @Anonymous User posted shows the 14 day trial expires on the 5th of August, what you are mistakenly reading is the price increases from £6.99 to £7.99 on the 15th of August. 

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Oh my bad... I'm seeing the wrong numbers (it's my partners birthday on the 15th of August and I can't decide what to buy her. So I'm panicking!)  Smiley Embarassed Smiley Embarassed

Anyway. If you officially cancel tomorrow @Anonymous User you should not get charged

Anonymous User
Not applicable

So, what I will do is 2 days before the trial ends, I will cancel the trial (if i dont want to start paying every month) @schnapps @SeeMoreDigital

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

That would work fine, just make sure you follow the cancellation steps to the end and keep a look out for the email cancellation notification from NowTV.