cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

LOST - editing

I don't know if anyone has the answer (or if anyone has noticed), and it's more just a curiosity than anything else - but does anyone know why scenes are missing from episodes of LOST?  In particular the final three or four episodes.  There are at least six scenes that were on the original broadcast and are on the DVD/Blu-Rays of the show but aren't on the NowTV version, as well as a couple of scenes where there is a noticeable cut that has shortened down a scene.

Just seemed strange to me.

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous User
Not applicable

UPDATE - Just found a reddit thread that discusses the same happening on Netflix apparently to do with the copy provided by abc to them.  Assume the same thing happened here as it's pretty much the same scenes.

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User

Hi Bill

I'm guessing here but it could be that the shortened episodes make the program package, negotiated by TV broadcasters/streamers, cheaper to buy.

You see, your post reminded me of a cheap DVD I bought back in the day (Mortal Kombat), when viewed I realised why it was so cheap, all the action scenes were edited out.

Mortal Kombat.jpg

Never again.

UK Bob

PS. Ever since then, and before buying, I check the running times of DVDs against their film releases.