cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Can you rewind a live show?

I'm new and a little worried that given there are no subtiles I might miss dialogue watched on live NOWTV because I often need to replay parts of a programme I didnt quite catch.

Particularly thinking about the forth coming 6th series of GoT.

Help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

You can't no but GOT is always available on catchup just about straight away on same night which you can rewind.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous User
Not applicable

You can't no but GOT is always available on catchup just about straight away on same night which you can rewind.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm new to NEW and am utterly dumbfounded there is no rewind facility.  This is pathetic, what garbage have I just signed up to?

What the heck it "GOT"?

DarylM
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User  There is a fastforward and rewind facility for on-demand content, but not for the live streaming TV channels on any device except the Now TV Smart Box.

'GoT' is Game of Thrones.

If this has solved your issue please mark this as an accepted solution.

Those little green stars by my name mean that I'm a Community Contributor - not Now TV staff. I just try to help out if I can.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

How come BBC can manage it (rewinding live TV)?

I had the same problem when I tried to watch F1 on Channel 4s equally useless platform.  If 'iPlayer' can cope with rewinding live TV, then everyone else should be able to keep up.  When I complained to Channel 4, I got an e-mail reply from the idiots, telling me this was impossible.  Any commercial TV platform that cannot keep up with free public service television is an absolute disgrace!  ITV, Channel 4, NOW TV, hang your heads in shame!  Get to work on providing your customers with the bare minimum we should expect - being technically equal with the free stuff!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Firstly, the BBC isn’t free, there is a licence fee. Secondly the BBC are leaders, that means most others are following. There’s only one idiot around here and it’s not me, nor them. You show little understanding of technology or broadcasting.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi Weaky

1. Yep
2. GOT Game of Thrones
Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User,

Thanks for posting.

As @Anonymous User says the show will be on catch up pretty sharpish after it's live so you can always go back over it if you've missed anything.

Thanks

Simon

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

me like to  rewind   a live   wwe   nowtv   box   rewind

@Simon-J wrote:

Hi @Anonymous User,

Thanks for posting.

As @Anonymous User says the show will be on catch up pretty sharpish after it's live so you can always go back over it if you've missed anything.

Thanks

Simon

NOW TV Team

DarylM
Legend 5
Legend 5

The only way to rewind live content on Now TV would be with the new Now TV Smart Box which allows 30-minute buffering for most live content.

If this has solved your issue please mark this as an accepted solution.

Those little green stars by my name mean that I'm a Community Contributor - not Now TV staff. I just try to help out if I can.