cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Boxsets....Or lack of them.

Hi everybody.

Well it's the first of the month and it's time for all the new boxsets....Well, 12 months ago, that was the case but recently the pickings have been slim.  Today, we get 4 "new" boxsets: "Teachers", "Wolf Creek", Game of Thrones" and "Braquo".  All of these only left NowTV a couple of months ago and whilst they are good (I recommend "Braquo" to one and all), when are we going to get something new?

Looking at the live TV schedule that NowTV have to pick from, just for today, I see "Cold Case", "Blue Bloods","Medium", "The Closer" and "NCIS: Los Angeles".  All these shows have season after season in their back catalogues but have never made it to the NowTV Boxset section.  I realise that the current season of "Blue Bloods" and "NCIS: Los Angeles" are currently running on catch up but what about all the other seasons?  "Cold Case" is a brilliant show and whilst we can watch it in dribs and drabs on "PickTV" and the live channels on NowTV, the episodes and seasons always seem to be out of order or just all over the place.

I know that for many, having "Game of Thrones" back is great but surely, the Library of programmes that NowTV have access to, should give us all a bit more choice.  Don't get me wrong, this isn't a rant, it's a question, so I'm not going down the "Do something or I'll cancel" route but I would like to know if there are any plans to shake up and improve the "Boxset" section.  I realise that broadcasting rights might come into play, but when NowTV are showing programmes anyway, then surely giving us some, actual, new, boxsets (As they used to do) wouldn't hurt......Would it?

Enjoy the rest of your Bank Holiday, Folks. Smiley Wink

57 REPLIES 57
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@caseyb1993

Casey, if he rocks up around here in West Yorkshire, I'm going to sell the car, lock all the doors and stay inside! Smiley Surprised  Then again, if that happened, they would have to re-name the show "Ferret Dale"......Sort of loses the fear factor doesn't it?  

That's the way @Andy and @Lindzi....Give it a shot (Maybe shot is the wrong word) as you could probably watch it in a "Binge Weekend", it doesn't do a lot for the Australian tourist industry but it's a " Little Ripper", Mates!

Right then, after 3......"Waltzing Matilda, Waltzing Matil"......No?.....Fair Dinkum! Smiley Wink

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Talking of Boxsets......If anybody out there is like me and likes a bit of Scandi Noir, well BBC4 are showing "Hinterland" (Series 3) from Saturday 6th May at 9.00pm....It's actually Cymru (Pronounced cumry) Noir as the version they are showing is filmed in English and Welsh but there isn't too much Welsh/English Subtitles  in the BBC4 version.  

Now it's slow, moody and maybe not to everybody's taste but all four episodes are available on BBC iPlayer (From BBC Wales) and of course you can get to iPlayer with your wonderful NowTV box..........Keep the subject on Boxsets...Tick......Mention NowTV....Tick.....Wish everybody happy viewing.....D'oh!

Happy viewing everybody! Smiley Wink

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User @Lindzi @caseyb1993

Finally got to the end of Wolf Creek, fabby fabby fab fab, love it! So much better than the film, great acting, great cinematography, slowly unraveling but loads of tension, great villain, great recommendation thanks!

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Andy Glad you enjoyed it. 🙂

To be honest, I haven't seen the movies so I can't compare.

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

Abermaw wrote:
I'm quite surprised they are making a second series as they seemed to have ( I have to watch what I say to avoid spoilers!!)....let's say, reached some kind of conclusion in series one.

@Anonymous User I think we definitely know where S2 is going after the ending, are you sure you didn't drop off near the end?

PS did you notice the post-credits scene at the end of the past episode? Oooooo!!!!!!

Lindzi
Elite 2

@Andy wrote:

PS  is your Continue Watching playing up again? I noticed SUpergirl and Arrow haven't appeared in mine after their short break, which is a bit annoying. Slightly off-topic but I know @Anonymous User and @Lindzi love to talk Continue Watching! 

@AndyYou know you'd miss the continue watching/watch next moaning really Smiley Frustrated

Thanks for the Wolf Creek recommendation @caseyb1993 I am def going to give that a go 

Code Black season 2 is being repeated on W from 12th May so all in all happy days Smiley Happy

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Lindzi wrote:
@AndyYou know you'd miss the continue watching/watch next moaning really Smiley Frustrated

@Lindzi I would, I genuinely would! 😉

Lindzi
Elite 2

@AndyI knew it Smiley Very Happy

Lindzi
Elite 2

@Anonymous User@Andy@caseyb1993

Wolf Creek done.......he is scary!! Smiley Surprised

Thanks for the recommendation, I enjoyed it

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Lindzi What a coincidence, I also watched Wolf Creek at the weekend (just the first episode mind, I'm clearly not as dedicated a binge-watcher as you!) but I agree it's great! I couldn't believe in the first 10 mins that .... well, spoilers, but you know what I mean!!!!! Definitely looking forward to the rest.

PS I wasn't that impressed with the film which I think put me off watching it the first time round. In that I just didn't find the victim's likeable, so in the end I didn't care if they got offed or not. But the TV show is much better, you get invested in the family from the start. Cinematography's great as well!