cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Boxsets....Or lack of them.

Hi everybody.

Well it's the first of the month and it's time for all the new boxsets....Well, 12 months ago, that was the case but recently the pickings have been slim.  Today, we get 4 "new" boxsets: "Teachers", "Wolf Creek", Game of Thrones" and "Braquo".  All of these only left NowTV a couple of months ago and whilst they are good (I recommend "Braquo" to one and all), when are we going to get something new?

Looking at the live TV schedule that NowTV have to pick from, just for today, I see "Cold Case", "Blue Bloods","Medium", "The Closer" and "NCIS: Los Angeles".  All these shows have season after season in their back catalogues but have never made it to the NowTV Boxset section.  I realise that the current season of "Blue Bloods" and "NCIS: Los Angeles" are currently running on catch up but what about all the other seasons?  "Cold Case" is a brilliant show and whilst we can watch it in dribs and drabs on "PickTV" and the live channels on NowTV, the episodes and seasons always seem to be out of order or just all over the place.

I know that for many, having "Game of Thrones" back is great but surely, the Library of programmes that NowTV have access to, should give us all a bit more choice.  Don't get me wrong, this isn't a rant, it's a question, so I'm not going down the "Do something or I'll cancel" route but I would like to know if there are any plans to shake up and improve the "Boxset" section.  I realise that broadcasting rights might come into play, but when NowTV are showing programmes anyway, then surely giving us some, actual, new, boxsets (As they used to do) wouldn't hurt......Would it?

Enjoy the rest of your Bank Holiday, Folks. Smiley Wink

57 REPLIES 57
Jason-C
Community Administrator

Oof, you all put me through my paces!

@caseyb1993

Alas, we're not due Once Upon a Time that I can see. As the others mentioned, I'd recommend giving Lost a go, but it does leave in a couple of weeks, so there's not long left!

@Lindzi

Code Black is currently due on the service in Autumn this year, fingers crossed. 🙂 As for The Jinx (which was excellent!) you could try some more real-life stories such as Who Killed Lindbergh's Baby or The Central Park Five.

@Andy

OF COURSE you like horror. I haven't personally tried Outcast or Wolf Creek yet. You could let us know how they stand up? 😛

@Anonymous User

That's quite a list!

Fortitude probably comes under scandi-noir, if you haven't seen it yet. I've also heard The Tunnel is pretty good (part French, based on a Swedish series I think)

As for detective shows, The Blacklist might be up your street?

I don't quite have an answer for everything, but perhaps that's a starter for 10! I'll pass along any comments to those in the know too.

Thanks,

Jason

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Jason-C I'm not blown away by Outcast, I think partly because it started around the same time as Preacher and they both have a similar vibe to them, but there's enough there for me to stick with it and see how it all pans out.

As for Wolf Creek I never caught it, but @caseyb1993 did and I seem to think she enjoyed it.

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Andy Wolf Creek was VERY good! I rarely watch a box set on NOWTV twice but this one I did. 🙂

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@caseyb1993 Watched it twice? Seriously? I only do that for GoT!!!!! That's a bit of a recommendation then, how come you liked it that much?

PS  is your Continue Watching playing up again? I noticed SUpergirl and Arrow haven't appeared in mine after their short break, which is a bit annoying. Slightly off-topic but I know @Anonymous User and @Lindzi love to talk Continue Watching! 

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Andy That's easy. 😉

Australia do some great dramas! I can't wait for Wentworth Prison to come back. 🙂

It's a brilliant on the run/revenge story! Plus the villain is a total maniac. 😄

I watch the superhero shows live so I haven't noticed. Blasphemy I know! 😉

so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Andy

Did somebody mention "Continue Watching"? Smiley Wink 

You are right, Andy, it's my pet hate and you're also right that when a show has had a break, you have to find it again in another pet hate of mine, the daft new version of "Catch up".  I noticed the same thing after the break in "Criminal Minds", "Blindspot" and "Supergirl" and I don't really understand it as when you find the programme, the previous episode still has the orange "Progress Bar" filled in to show that you have watched it.....Baffling!  

Another vote from me to second the comments of @caseyb1993  about "Wolf Creek"....It's brilliant and knowing that you like creepy/scary movies it might be right up your street, coming from Australia, it's about as far away from "Neighbours" and "Mr and Mrs Murder" as you can get and is well worth a "Fair go, Cobber"

Now then, did I mention that I don't like the new "Catch Up"?...........

Breathe easily, Mon Brave, I'll let it go.......................................................................For now! Smiley Surprised

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

Good news! @Anonymous User

They are making a second season for Wolf Creek. I wonder how it will carry on... 🙂

Anonymous User
Not applicable

HI @caseyb1993

Do you know Casey, I'm quite surprised they are making a second series as they seemed to have ( I have to watch what I say to avoid spoilers!!)....let's say, reached some kind of conclusion in series one.  Maybe they'll just make a completely different storyline about a featureless road in the outback where some people get horribly killed.....Completely different to season one, don't you think? Smiley Wink

Actually, I think I might have heard that idea before but it's got legs!! Smiley Happy

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User @caseyb1993 Strewth thanks mi old cobbers, that sounds like a fair dinkum show then, I'll add it onto my watchlist right away, which currently has 89 items on it so I should get round to it before the shrimps need turning on the barbie 🙂

image.jpeg

Anyone for another tinny?

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Maybe Mick Taylor comes to England... 😮

@Andy It's worth a watch. 😉

IKO0736--Wolf-Creek-Mick-Taylor-Statue4