cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Bought an Entertainment Pass from Argos....

Hi

Soon (in the next three days or so) my existing entertainment voucher that came with the Nowtv box will expire and so today I bought another 3 month pass from Argos. They swiped the card through the till to activiate it but when I enter the code (I have tried numbers in the place of letters e.g. O for 0 etc) it is coming up as invalid 

Please Help!!!!

TimCS60

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have exactly the same issue, checked with now tv and they said it hadnt been activated and the card was pending and i needed to go back to argos, which i did and guess what! yup exactly the same issue. 

I usually have no problems adding a new card on the day the old one ran out.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Contact live help, the pass has probably expired 🙂

http://help.nowtv.com/contact-us/NOW-TV-Entertainment-Month-Pass

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have exactly the same issue, checked with now tv and they said it hadnt been activated and the card was pending and i needed to go back to argos, which i did and guess what! yup exactly the same issue. 

I usually have no problems adding a new card on the day the old one ran out.

Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User,

Thanks for posting.

I believe this has now been sorted for you but do let us know if you still need some help.

Thanks

Simon

NOW TV Team

Geluk
Expert 2

Regards Argos swiping pass to make active, what's situation when you buy Now box with a voucher?

Recently bought another and they obviously leave box unopened.

I have seen some on line sellers of Passes claiming to have validated codes before they issue; how do they do that, and not prevent buyer "re" using the code??

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Geluk passes with boxes are sealed inside, they aren't activated at the till.

As for those via eBay, you can enter a code to test if it's still working and not use it, although you as a buyer can't be sure that they haven't.

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

You're in a bit of a difficult position now because you've already scratched the cards to reveal the voucher codes, so Argus is unlikely to give you an exchange.

What I would advise you do is contact now TV by email. I will explain how to do this at the bottom of this post . Be sure to take a picture of your Argus receipt so that you can provide proof of purchase. Then if now TV ask you for proof of purchase when they respond . You can attach the photo of your receipt to the email (remember not to change the subject field. When you reply to their email) . Also remember to provide now TV with the voucher codes that are invalid when you initially contact them this way they can check to see if the codes are indeed invalid. Be sure to tell now TV that you can provide proof of purchase. If necessary

Now TV must be emailed through the help system as they do not have a general email address. you can only directly reply to emails now TV help have sent to you

To email now TV click here. Then scroll down to the bottom of the page . Click the contact us button then click email (do this on a desktop PC, laptop, PC or Mac) ,

Hope that helpsSmiley Happy

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks to you all for your quick replies, I will contact Now TV and see what happens 🙂 

Ta

TimCS60

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just an update on this, I decided to go via the live chat , just to see what they could do, they checked the code and it had not been activated, they then advised that I can call Argos and provided the number, did this and Argos could not activate the card over the phone even though the person on the live chat said that this has happened before and Argos had activated them this way.

Argos could only activate the card in store. So the person on the live chat provided me with a replacement code and said that the code from Argos will be cancelled. I checked and entered the code provided before closing the chat and it worked.

Very good service from Now TV

Thanks

TimCS60