Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

All 4 problems

Hi there,

Is anyone having a problem with All 4?
Recently on my nowtv box I cannot watch full programmes. The adverts work fine and sometimes I can watch the first part of a program but then it fails with the message 'this content is currently unavailable. Please try again later'. I've updated now TV to the latest software, deleted and reinstalled all 4, and turned off pings. All of my other apps (I player, now tv, YouTube, ted talks) work fine, and all 4 works on my phone. It's not restricted to any particular program.
(Itv occasionally has problems but it used to on my white box too)
I've raised this with all 4, they've escalated it but being as they didn't have a straightforward answer I wondered whether it might be something box related.
My broadband is good (15 Mbps on average).

Thanks for any help.
177 REPLIES 177
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Didn't work for me. I reinstalled the app but the focus is still on the app behind the message.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forum.  Try resetting your box.

Hope this helpsSmiley Happy

Anonymous User
Not applicable
That worked. Thank you
Anonymous User
Not applicable

the above is not working this morning

can you check it out please

Anonymous User
Not applicable

What do you mean by 'Not Working' ?

If you mean the app wont open/start up then try a restart of the box. You'll find the restart option in the settings menu. I find that now and again a 3rd party app just seems to get stuck like this, (ive had it with YouTube and All4 a couple of times) but a simple restart will fix it. 

Make sure it's just the restart option not the reset.. with restart you wont need to log back into everything but it'll clear out the cache or whatever it is stopping it start up.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Getting similar, any programme featured on the new fangled Home page, when clicked doesn't go to the programme, example: channel 4, million pound jewellers, just opens app, don't take you to programme

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User Aye ive noticed this too, in fact for me at least both the ITV and the All4 have that issue, no matter what programme you choose it just opens the app at the homepage unlike now,demand5, bbc will take you directly to the programme.

Ive noticed too that the on Itv and All4 the programmes suggested on the homescreen rarely appear to change, it is often showing the same ones, same thumbnails. Maybe this is part of the issue? If the links are in fact not updating correctly then the programmes may no longer exist or have moved, thus we get booted to the apps homepage instead when clicking them?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User the problem with All4 (and ITV Hub) is they don't support Roku deep linking which means the NOW TV homescreen app can't link to individual episodes. I'd expect both apps to add support, but despite knowing several months ago they've not done anything yet. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Makes perfect sense. Guess we'll just have to wait for itv and All4 to stop making adverts and update the apps . Could be a long wait haha 😉
Anonymous User
Not applicable

so, if they dont allow deep linking (or have an API), how is now tv pulling the info to the home screen?