cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kerrirose4
Advocate

problems accessing the sports channel

I recently purchased a membership for the Now TV sports channel to watch the upcoming F1 season. At the start of the season I had no problem watching the channel live and even on playback on my watchlist but ever since a few weeks ago, my account will not allow me to watch the show live on TV on my laptop while using wifi. I have checked my wifi connection and there is nothing wrong with it. When I go to watch the F1 channel it flashes up with a message saying that streaming is not permitted in the country. I am currently located on the border of the North and the South of Ireland and my TV picks up a southern location. This should not be an issue as I know that Now TV can be streamed in the south of Ireland. What can I do to fix this problem and get back to watching races???

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Kerrirose4 

Try unplugging the power to the Router for around 30minutes, where hopefully the new ip location will be in Northern Ireland.

If still no luck you may have to contact your Internet Provider and tell them that NOW streaming service is detecting an IP location outside Northern Ireland (most likely ROI).

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Kerrirose4 

If using a VPN then disable it.

Should your Router IP address picking up the wrong region try unplugging the power to the Router for around 30 minutes.

If you are in Northern Ireland you can only watch NOW in the UK from the UK NOW website and NOW UK App and if you live and subscribe to NOW Republic of Ireland then you can only use the ROI website or ROI App.

Kerrirose4
Advocate

Somehow i can pick up the races once i go onto moblie data and the data i pick up here at home is vodfone ie while i live in Northern Ireland. 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Kerrirose4 

Try unplugging the power to the Router for around 30minutes, where hopefully the new ip location will be in Northern Ireland.

If still no luck you may have to contact your Internet Provider and tell them that NOW streaming service is detecting an IP location outside Northern Ireland (most likely ROI).

Kerrirose4
Advocate

Thankyou so much @schnapps I will try this now!

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Kerrirose4 

Fingers crossed it will work.