cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Greenburger
Advocate

Unable to stream the "Bonus streams" for F1

Error code 9, tells me to go to nowtv.com/status which is a page that doesn't exist!

10 REPLIES 10
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Greenburger 

What playback devices have you tried the F1 Bonus Streams on ?

If using a tablet or smartphone then I believe Bonus Streams are not supported, even if showing on the NOW App (also might be the case for PC and Mac).

Greenburger
Advocate

So that was from the NOWTV app on Fold 4, tried with a PC and it just doesn't load.

What other way is there to watch NOWTV if not from PC or tablet/phone? 

RoyB
Legend

@Greenburger 

TV sets, mostly.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
redchiz1
Champion 2

@RoyB wrote:

@Greenburger 

TV sets, mostly.

Actually very few TV sets as such, unless you include those which have one of the copious list of appendages attached as  kindly posted by @schnapps earlier.  

RoyB
Legend

@redchiz1 

I didn’t take @Greenburger ‘s question to be limited to devices that support Bonus Streams, though perhaps I should have.

What I did take it to mean, though, was “What else can make the coloured pixels dance before your eyes?” And I answered it accordingly.

As a sidebar, though, I didn’t realise that Android TVs couldn’t get bonus streams. Are we sure that is the case?

Even if it is, though, you might find this interesting:-

https://www.statista.com/forecasts/997819/tv-ownership-by-brand-in-the-uk

which would indicate that, though by an admittedly small margin, the majority of TV sets in the UK could get the Bonus Streams without the need for appendages.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @RoyB 

I did ask NOW to update the list on their FAQ with regards to Bonus Streams, where Chromecast Google TV and Android TV does support NOW Bonus Streams.

For a short time in March 2023 Bonus Streams was supported on tablets and smartphones, where after this Bonus Streams was blocked on these devices for some unknown reason.

Where I can see the benefit of watching something like the main live stream of the F1 race on something like a TV and have a tablet or smartphone at your side watching the F1 Race control Bonus Stream with your Boost Membership.

RoyB
Legend

Thanks, @schnapps 

That page I linked to has now disappeared behind a firewall, so you only get one peek, it seems, but from memory, Sony have 11% of the market, so with them alone, we are up to two-thirds of TVs that can get bonus streams. And I am sure there are more Android sets in the last third of the table.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Greenburger 

With regards to NOW Bonus Sports Streams see this screenshot list below on current supported playback devices.

Screenshot_20230730-152658_Samsung Internet.jpg

Greenburger
Advocate

Hi Schnapps, 

Thanks for that, good to know, but yeah - I don't own a single thing out of that list haha, it is what it is.