cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Twinster
Mentor

Roland Garros. French Open Tennis. Not available?

I recently took out a Sports membership, a total of 12 channels. I only want one; tennis, which is costing me £26 pm.  I now realise that Now tv are not broadcasting the French open from Roland Garros. I am currently paying £26 for nothing. Unbelivelable

ps. Ive just had a reply from Nowtv to say the French Open is not included in the Sports package. It’s on Eurosport and Discovery+ only. 

7 REPLIES 7
doppelganger
Advocate

RoyB
Legend

@Twinster 

While I sympathise, this is the Sports equivalent of subscribing to Now Entertainment, only to find that the movie you want is only on Netflix 😢

As you say, Now are supplying you with 12 Sports Channels available, and it’s your choice not to watch any of them.

But all is not lost; talk to Now Live Chat, and they will perhaps be sympathetic too, even to the point of refunding you.

The following link leads you to direct contact with Now Live Chat (via a tiny green circle with a v in it, so keep your eyes peeled for that when you have made your initial choices):-

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-contact-now

Avoid ‘Get Help Quicker’ there; the Nowbot, while it means well, doesn’t know its own limitations, and it won’t help you once you get to this stage. Also, don’t choose Request a Refund, even though that is what you want, as that will only deliver you back to the Nowbot; pick something else to start the conversation.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Twinster
Mentor

Thanks Roy. I did contact them and explained my problem. My frustration with Nowtv Sports in general was having to subscribe to the full Sports package of 12 channels when I wanted only one, making it an expensive option for me. They were v helpful and agreed to cancel my 6 mth subscription immediately.  I am currently signed into Discovery+ on a rolling month @ £6.99 and enjoying Roland Garros on Eurosport. It remains to be seen what future tournaments are available on that platform but at least I’m saving £19 a month with the option to cancel anytime. 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Twinster 

The thing is NOW has never offered single channel sports memberships. Once upon a time Sky did but that got canned years ago.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Twinster
Mentor

@gavs82008 Thanks Gavs.  I did accept that when I took out the Sports membership but was prepared to pay the £26pm just to be able to watch tennis. Shame they don’t offer single channels isn’t it as I know a lot of people who would like to cherry pick the sports they are interested in. Anyway, I’m happy (for now). 

RoyB
Legend

@Twinster 

Exactly. No doubt the reason why Now don’t do this 😛

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
LollyB
Advocate

@Twinster Exactly the same as me. I cancelled my Amazon Discovery option to subscribe to this ..... primarily for tennis. I shan't be renewing albeit I think I am locked in for 6 months.