cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sadtennisfan
Scholar

It's 2023 NowTV - let us watch the court of our choice at the US Open on a Macbook or phone fgs

As above. Ludicrous requirement for some extra tv plug-in gadget in the expectation that post-pandemic that no one will be accessing subscribed content on their laptop or phone? Give me back Amazon Prime PLEASE.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
djvh
Scholar
That's too hideous to contemplate.

Existing Sky subscribers will probably see it as a nice addon but it won't grow their customer base.

They will have wasted their money if they're paying for rights to broadcast something and refusing to supply it to an entire market of consumption. Streaming opened up a whole new way for people to happily pay for and watch stuff outwith their TVs; do they think we'll all just abandon that and return to only watching things on a smart TV then pay them £35 a month?

Count me out.

View solution in original post

25 REPLIES 25
CheatedbyNow
Mentor

Make sure that you also cancel Boost if you chose that. Cancelling the Sport does NOT cancel that I found. Terrible company!

RoyB
Legend

@CheatedbyNow wrote:

Make sure that you also cancel Boost if you chose that. Cancelling the Sport does NOT cancel that I found. Terrible company!

@CheatedbyNow 

Boost stops running, and payment for it stops, when/if it gets to a renewal date and there are no Memberships running.

So if you take out a Sports pass  on August 20th, say, and Boost five days later on August 25th, and then cancel the Sports membership on September 12th, the cancelled Sports membership will continue to run until September 20th, and then stop.

The Boost membership will keep running until September 25th, when, finding there are no memberships running for it to boost, it will stop without further charge.

Pretty much what you want it to do, I would have thought, and a little pocket of fairness in the giant clusterfail the US Open coverage has been,

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
CheatedbyNow
Mentor

That's good, if true. Given the rest of their information and other people's experiences I felt safer cancelling it separately myself.

sadtennisfan
Scholar

I've been trying to request a refund via the chatbot and it forever gets stuck at "I understand you're looking for a refund." and " just need a few more details so that I can help you."

This is going to be it for the duration, isn't it?

RoyB
Legend

@sadtennisfan 

I did once get the Nowbot to connect me to a human, but Now seem to have since plugged that loophole 😢

So don’t ‘Get Help Quicker’, as you won’t in this instance; instead, use the link here.

You can contact Now via Live Chat from this link - press Chat Online:-

Chat online

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
sadtennisfan
Scholar

NowTV is now showing the same match on THREE Sky Sports channels. Well done chaps.

I'm increasingly resorting to Radio 5 Live because they actually update you on what's going on across the tournament. I'm fairly convinced the Sky programmers have barely watched a Grand Slam on the BBC in the last ten years, let alone tennis on Amazon Prime...