cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Skinnal
Mentor

An idiot Abroad, Season 1 episode 8 issue

Recently signed up for NowTV to download and watch and idiot abroad for a flight. I am able to download and watch every episode of an idiot abroad except for episode 8 of season 1. Every time I try to watch this episode or download the episode I get an error message saying "sorry, the app is currently unable to connect to the stream - please try again. if the problem persists please try restarting the app. If you are still experiencing issues please delete and reinstall the app. Code0x00002c24" at other times it states "error when making streaming content key request data". I have tried everything to sort this, I have contacted the live chat, reinstalled the app, signed out of all devices and tried again, tried other devices, ensured I have had enough storage available etc. Every time I have had the same issue with the same episode. I have not issues with any of the other episodes or downloads. After going through some checks with the support chat I have been informed that this will be passed onto the development team as it's likely an issue with rights to download. But surely I would still be able to view the episode and watch it without a download if it shows on NowTV. I also queried that it is a Sky original series so surely its unlikely to be a rights issue.

Does anyone know a fix or experienced anything similar, is anyone having the same issue with the same episode or is it just my account? its very frustrating how I have just paid for my entertainment pass and the first series I go onto has a technical issue. Also outside of the support chat saying they will pass this onto the development team I have no record or chance to get a follow up email from this to see if they actually look into this. 

11 REPLIES 11
RoyB
Legend

@Skinnal @redchiz1 @schnapps 

Doesnt work for me either, on this iPad Pro, but I get a different error message.

You can see there that Season 2 Episode 1 would download OK.

Perhaps this second error, which I find is repeatable for me, would give another clue to the issue for the Dev team.

IMG_1163.jpeg

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
redchiz1
Champion 2

@RoyB 

That error pops up when you try a download, the other when you try to stream.